72nd MQ-9........

Technically, it is 1 company that made the moulds (Platz) and two other companies re-packing the sprues under their label (Italeri and Accurate Miniatures)

I think it will take a few years and maybe a few more similar aircraft until we can expect them to turn up regularly as new kits.

So far, the manned combat aircraft seems to still have more appeal to the people.

Cheers

Thorsten

Technically, it is 1 company that made the moulds (Platz) and two other companies re-packing the sprues under their label (Italeri and Accurate Miniatures)

I think it will take a few years and maybe a few more similar aircraft until we can expect them to turn up regularly as new kits.

So far, the manned combat aircraft seems to still have more appeal to the people.

Cheers

Thorsten

PI000000146278.jpg

SW-48013

Sorry for 1/72, but 1/48 is coming out next month.

Marking for:

US AIR FORCE

US HOMELAND SECURITY

I'd absolutely love to have a 1/72 MQ-9, but I'm looking at the Platz 1/72 RQ-1 I built less than a year ago, and the wings are sagging and the gear is bending under the practically non-existent weight. The MQ-9 would have even spindlier wings and gear. I'm not sure how you can engineer it using only styrene and have it stay up under its own strength.

It would work better as 1/144 (my preference) or as a large scale model.

Dare I say it, but there's always this

www.unicraft.biz/on/altair/altair.htm

But I'll think I'll wait for Platz to come up with it :)

I agree. I've got Unicraft's RQ-4A and it's going to take some work to make presentable. I sure wish the RQ-4B wasn't so radically different so that I could just modify that kit instead.

Please Platz, we need the MQ-9 to round out the currently operated drones!

Maybe we could all start a petition for a 1/72 mq-9 from platz? Really the detail on that 48th bird looks awesome and Im not about to do all the work with the unicraft one especially adding weapons pylons and sensors. Plust injection is needed for the best detail in 1/72...........