finished about a month ago

1/48th Academy F-15C, and used the latest MSIP release decals for the 173rd FW, Oregon ANG at Klamath Falls. The kit itself is the release prior to the MSIP.

I have wanted to do a Klamath Falls jet for a long time

DSC_5163_r.jpg

finger prints on the base...

DSC_5166_r.jpg

DSC_5169_r.jpg

and the base

DSC_5176_r.jpg

I was going to make a simulated hangar wall with the unit badges, but it looked cheesy as I was progressing on it

So I decided to make the base with NO SLACK on it

Here's a high res pic of their hangar wall

http://www.173fw.ang.af.mil/shared/media/p...F-8415S-001.jpg

thanks for looking

cheers

Ken

Fantastic Eagle, Ken ... :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure seeing your Latest and Greatest ...

The "No Slack" base reminds me of a saying an old friend of mine always said ...

"Take No Guff, Give No Slack ..."

Gregg

Awesome work, Ken! :thumbsup:

What did you use to mask the camouflage?

Fred

thanks a lot Fred.

I use a combination of paper masks and low-tack masking tape. I have the camo pattern in cut outs of paper for the wings, tails and horizontal stabs; and the forward fuselage, 2 sections on top of the engines (a template is used to trace onto tape) and area from the intakes to the wings are done with tape.

I apply the darker camo first (as there is much less to mask), and mask that, and then apply the lighter color.

Ken

thanks a lot Fred.

I use a combination of paper masks and low-tack masking tape. I have the camo pattern in cut outs of paper for the wings, tails and horizontal stabs; and the forward fuselage, 2 sections on top of the engines (a template is used to trace onto tape) and area from the intakes to the wings are done with tape.

I apply the darker camo first (as there is much less to mask), and mask that, and then apply the lighter color.

Ken

Thanks very much, Ken! Those USAF lo-viz schemes look a little tricky and I wonder what a skilled modeler like you uses to bring them to life.

Again, awesome work! Hope you've showed it around their ready room and wowed them.

Fred

Another great build, Ken!

thanks Mike!

Clean, sharp presentation Ken.

Those guys have the best tails on their birds.

If I was n't after building a 493rd jet at some point, this wouuld be the scheme I'd go for B)

thanks Guy! If and when you do one, I bet it would be spectacular as usual

Wow, an F-15 Eagle for a change!

Fantastic, clean, and precise work as always Ken, although you know my preferences. These desktop trophies need some dirt! (just a little) ;)

thanks Chuck! Yeah, another Eagle - shocking LOL

Hey, I did a dark grey wash in the panel lines, plus, I am on a low salt diet :) I will never be the master of weathering as you are.

Gosh Ken! FINGERPRINTS???

Amature.

Aaron

yes Aaron...hanging head....:)

Edited by Ken Middleton
It looks great Ken. I just had to pick on you a little bit. You know someone had to..figured it might as well be me. I always appreciate your builds that you share with us. Now, when are you going to come over to the dark (36118 to be exact) side?

Aaron

Aaron, I knew you were busting my chops :lol:

thanks, someday, someday, I will do an E