F-5E Tiger II Aggressor

This is the first model I've painted with Model Master enamels, so I'm curious to hear what you think. I'm not too happy with how it turned out, myself - I sprayed them freehand and couldn't seem to get as tight a demarcation as I can with Tamiya and Gunze acrylics.

I added an Avionix resin seat - I know it's probably the wrong version for this plane, but it looks much, much better than the kit seat, so I don't mind. Besides, the kit seat is the wrong version anyway, I think.

The markings are from Afterburner Decals, which were excellent.

I'm ashamed to report that this is only the second model I've completed this year. I've got to do better in 2011!

Justin

F5E18.jpg

F5E10.jpg

F5E1.jpg

F5E13.jpg

F5E5.jpg

F5E14.jpg

F5E9.jpg

F5E15.jpg

F5E16.jpg

F5E8.jpg

Justin..

I think it looks EXQUISITE..

SHE IS A STUNNER.

The freehand work is IMPRESSIVE and Honestly SHE is a STUNNING build..

LOVE IT !!!! :yahoo:

and your photography is EXCELLENT too.

HOLMES :banana::nanner::cheers:

Edited by HOLMES
I'm not too happy with how it turned out, myself

Same here.....because I'm jeaulous!

If this is below average for you, please go ahead and post pics of the models that you ARE satisfied with. I'd love to be even more jeaulous of your skills......

• 2 weeks later...

The colors and the overall paint scheme looks great for the scale. Maybe the demarcation line could be tighter, but I've found that blues and greys are very forgiving, so no worries!

Did you adjust the MM colors at all for scale effect? They really do look on-the-mark.

Very nice F-5...I always liked the Aggressor paint schemes on the F-5E. When Clark converted from T-38 agressors to the F-5E, I hauled 8 brand new F-5's in agressor colors to Clark and then loaded 8 T-38's and took them to DM. You did a super job and the AFV kit looks to be prety nice as well. <_<

Thank you for the comments, everybody! :cheers:

Did you adjust the MM colors at all for scale effect? They really do look on-the-mark.

After I painted the camo with unadjusted colors, I "post shaded" by adding white to the colors and spraying each in a random, mottled pattern concentrated mainly within the panels.

• 6 months later...
:jaw-dropping::OMG-OMG: That is totally freakin AWESOME!!! you sir have just become responsible for another sale of the AFV kit. SWMBO is not going to be happy when I tell her I just have to have this kit :whistle: .
  • 6 months later...