1/72 Su-7B Master Modell

I thought the only 1/72 Su-7 was the KP/Kopro Su-7BKL, but yesterday I saw a 1/72 Master Modell Su-7B in a local shop. I was tempted to buy it, but I would like to know what I will find in the box before. I have been looking for reviews, but I was not able to find even a sole reference for this kit in the net. I'm pretty sure it is not an excellent kit, but if their dimensions are OK, I would buy it. Are there anybody who knows anything about this kit, or it is the first time you hear about it (like me)?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Joaquin PM
I've never heard of Master Modell, but I do know that the Master Craft kit is the KP kit reboxed.

I think Master Modell (note spelling) is an East German firm - maybe a re-incarnation of VEB Plastikart.

I don't think the Su-7 is very accurate - if its the one I'm thinking about.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120659918003

Ken

I think Master Modell (note spelling) is an East German firm - maybe a re-incarnation of VEB Plastikart.

I don't think the Su-7 is very accurate - if its the one I'm thinking about.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120659918003

Ken

If that is the case, would absolutely stay away from it. from my recolections, those VEB kits are about as accurate and buildable as Starfix kits.......... :jaw-dropping:

Thank you very much for your answers. I should stayed away from the kit, but I was so curious to see the content of the box, that I ended buying it. Ken, you were right: the Master Modell kit is the very same than the VEB one:

boxart.jpg

sprues.jpg

decals.jpg

The kit is really simple. No wheels well, oversimplified undercarriage, toy-like wheels (in fact, the whole thing is toy-like!). The cockpit, pilot figure and ejection seat are a joke:

pilotseat.jpg

cockpit.jpg

At least, it was cheap. I have wasted only 5 Euros on it. I hope the pictures helps other people to avoid this @%#! kit.

Nevertheless, kits like this are a challenge. I will check the outline accuracy, and if it is good enough, I think I'm going to build the kit as a wheels up model.

Regards

Joaquin

Edited by Joaquin PM
It seems the same crappy kit was manufactured under several brands: VEB Plastikart, Master Modell and Nu-Bee. All of them with the very same decal sheet and two colour sprues.

This was actually my first model kit (some 20 years ago) and I don't recognize the pictures on these boxings so it's possible it was released under some other brands as well.

• 2 years later...

pilotseat.jpg

Now this is what I call a REAL ejection seat, an almost 100% KS-4 :woot.gif: and I can see the pilot has the later version of the ZS-3 helmet, the ZS-3M! YES, YES, YES :D :) :D :) :D

But seriously, if one looks at Western kits of the same era will find the same pilot figure in Airfix or Matchbox kits.

If you want a nice Su-7, yes it is well worth hunting down that Modelsvit kit. It is excellent but a bit expensive after all as far as I know it is a short run kit. Saying excellent, in comparison to kits of Su-7 on the market, but for the moment I dont see anyone doing a state of art kit of it.

Best regards

Gabor

It is excellent but a bit expensive after all as far as I know it is a short run kit.

I paid it the Modelsvit kit 14.30USD at ModelsUA. Price was reasonable enough I think. They don't have it in stock anymore but the BMK should arrive in a few months.

Nah. Kits are for building.

I'm with Andre. I modulate the amount of time and efforts depending on the kit I build. I switch off the "accuracy area" of my brain if I consider that the kit isn't worth putting a lot of time into it. I've built a Matchbox AV-8A and an Airfix Bf-109G kit with good old Humbrol paints and paintbrushes in "accuracy off" mode and I had a great time. Situation would be different with a Modelsvit Su-7.

• 4 weeks later...