1/48 Revell of Germany CL-13 Sabre 6

Edited-- She's going to be the standard green / grey over PRU blue scheme. I'll be using Leading Edge stencils and CanMilAir main markings. I've added AMS Resin 'sugar scoops' to make it a more accurate Sabre 6.. That and Dave and Bill's decals are the only aftermarket I'm using on this. Thanks for looking.

Mike

p.s. - all posts taken in jest as I knew they were :D

Mike, be careful with adding these 'scoops'. 416 Sqn stood down at Grostenquin in Jan '57. The sugar scoops weren't added to Sabres until late '57/early '58 as far as I can figure out with my books and pics. That means your Sabre would eventually get the scoops fitted, however it was with 434 by then.

Likewise, European camoflaged Canadian Sabre 5s wouldn't have had any sugar scoops at all. They were replaced by the Sabre 6 first. |The survivors that were given to the Luftwaffe would have had the scoops retrofitted then.

Nice to see your Sword finished.

Model on !!!

Tony

Srdjan - They were glossy when they came off the assembly line and out of the paint shop. I prefer to build my subjects as if they just came off the assembly line. I suppose I could have sprayed some Dull Coat but I like the look of the gloss finish, on most of my aircraft anyway. On occasion i will flatten the finish but not always.

Tony - Thanks for the time line and pointing out the bit about the sugar scoops. I have Milberry's Sabre as my reference but I tend to have a brain cramp on occasion when it comes to details like this. Oh well. Live and learn. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look out for that detail when I build my next Sabre 5 or Sabre 6.

Mike

Great job on the Sabre. This is another model I've never built (yet). I have a couple 1/72nd examples in the stash. But I'm just not keen on 1/72nd....so it'll be a while before I get at them. I'd love to do a 1/32nd one. There's just something about a Sabre isn't there? Just an awesome all-around aircraft.

Again, great work. Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup:

Great job on the Sabre. This is another model I've never built (yet). I have a couple 1/72nd examples in the stash. But I'm just not keen on 1/72nd....so it'll be a while before I get at them. I'd love to do a 1/32nd one. There's just something about a Sabre isn't there? Just an awesome all-around aircraft.

Again, great work. Thanks for sharing!! :blink:

Thanks for the kind words, Tilt. In my opinion, when it comes to looks and sleek lines, the Sabre is the early jet age Spitfire. She is a nice looking aircraft. With the shape of the intake, she reminds me of a shark getting ready to strike. Good luck with your 1/32 build. I've build both the Hasegawa and Kinetic version. Both have their pros and cons but they both look quite nice when finished.

Kinetic

DSC_0017.jpg

Hasegawa

DSC_0010-1.jpg