I'm into this - finally some motivation to build something Canadian!

And my first thought for a subject of course has to be something probably difficult... are there any available models of the Bristol Britannia, in whatever scale, at a not-ridiculous price?

Failing that... we'll see what I find.

So made a trip to the LHS and got lucky! Found a Welsh Models Britannia! Never built a vacform kit before, so this'll be a learning experience, as well as a kitbash... since the plan is: it will become a CP-107 Argus.

In case I don't manage to finish that in time, or I mess it up, I also picked up a Hasegawa F-104J/CF-104 kit, this I'll build OOB, in the NM/white/red scheme (unless I decide to get that red/white/blue special scheme set from Leading Edge...). Also contemplating a CF-188 in a special scheme, but we'll see about that.

So, I'm officially into this for at least a CF-104, and hopefully a CP-107 as well!

^^^ Neither have I. Should be fun though - I've done a bunch of other scratchbuilding, so I'm up for the challenge. My (lack of) painting skill will probably kill it, though! :whistle:

Edit to add: I'm thinking the hardest part of the whole thing will be to figure out what to do for the glass nose, I'm thinking I'll probably have to just track down something similar in another 1/144 kit.

Anyone know if the Argus is still at CFB Comox as a gate guard? Might have to take a trip up there if it is... and if it's possible to get close to it for some pictures.

Edited by Litvyak

Argus is going to use the CanMilAir set for grey/white RCAF version (http://www.canmilair.com/products.asp?cat=95&pg=6 ), along with the window decal set.

For the CF-104 I'm planning just to use the decals in the kit. This might be surprising but I've never built a Hasegawa kit so have no idea how it'll go... I'm about to start prepping things and getting to work on it.

Argus is going to use the CanMilAir set for grey/white RCAF version (http://www.canmilair.com/products.asp?cat=95&pg=6 ), along with the window decal set.

For the CF-104 I'm planning just to use the decals in the kit. This might be surprising but I've never built a Hasegawa kit so have no idea how it'll go... I'm about to start prepping things and getting to work on it.

Is the Hasegawa kit in 1/48? If so, you'll find it a dream to put together. That series of kits is excellent, and even better engineered than their 1/32 offering. Fit is fantastic, and it's very nicely detailed.

I feel like a slow student - it took me a while to figure out what the heck a Bristol Brittania was - then when I saw CP-107 Argus, it finally clicked.

I'll be looking forward to that build - a very interesting subject, and quite a challenge to use vacuform and some mods to make it right.

ALF

The Hasegawa Starfighter is in 1/72.

As for the Argus - I found out yesterday via the airliners forum that Welsh Models have a 1/144 Argus resin kit. But, I'm going to go ahead with this kitbash, because 50 GBP is more than I'm willing to pay for that, plus I already have the Britannia kit.