More work done.

Decals added. Which are very nice to work with.

Sufa060.jpg

Sufa064.jpg

Sufa063.jpg

Sufa062.jpg

Sufa061.jpg

Then I slopped some oil wash on it, which is drying as I type.

Fast approaching the finish line.

Nige.

Nice work. Glad you changed the green - looks much better.

A bit late for this one, but if you wanted to stick with the Gunze range for the colours, H74 Sky is a good match for the pale green.

The issues with the Kinetic kit aren't fit. Everyone who builds it agrees it almost falls together. The issues are the shape/droop of the nose and the lack of horizontal angle on the tail planes as the fuselage sides do not have enough angle on them (among other things anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Few more pics. I consider this kit to have entered what I term the twilight zone. Loads of effort for no visible results. The decals are all on. Sealed in and an oil wash applied then matted down. I'm really liking the look of this kit and will be sad when I have to let it go.

Sufa00166.jpg

Sufa00266.jpg

Sufa00366.jpg

Sufa00466.jpg

Sufa00566.jpg

I have tinted the forward sectionof the canopy with a mixture of Klear and yellow food colouring. But I'm not entirely happy with the result so I have stripped it back since this photo and plan to get some Tamiya clear yellow from the LHS and give that a go.

Sufa00666.jpg

I wasn't happy with the AOA probes. They were way over scale and horribly chunky. So I cut them off, drilled holes of the appropriate size. Cut down two sewing needles and fitted them. Looks way better in my opinion.

Sufa066.jpg

Sufa067.jpg

Work proper on the wheelbays starts Monday. So far I have painted them and given them a quick wash. But they still need all the bits and pieces fitting.

Sufa068.jpg

Well thats your lot till the next installment.

That paint scheme is flawless and a brilliant rendition of what is arguably the best tactical scheme on a F16 anywhere. Excellent work throughout the build as a a whole, keep it up.

Just for reference the first Green that you used "Israeli Green" is/was the shade that was used on the F-4's and Mirages with the F16/F15I Green being closer to RAF Sky.

Cheers for the feedback guys. I'm hoping to have it finished by Tuesday, but we shall see ;)

How fast is to fast, we just had a brand new Evo 10 delivered to our traffic unit. Now thats fast and looks the part. lol. Makes the Viper look rather gay :taunt:

Nige.

Hi.. nice work there..

I like the way you get all the parts glued together especially on the forward fuselage section where most had been swearing for Kinetics's poorly engineered kit..

By the way, did you happened to remove those locating pins/tubs on the fuselage piece because they weren't fix??

And the paint job is lovely.. ;)

Cheers guys. I have re-done the canopy this evening with heavily thinned, Tamiya clear yellow. I tlooks a lot better. Pic to follow.

Yes Klay, I removed them. In fact I removed every one I came across. Because if you don't they will just get in the way somewhere along the line.

Nige.

Edited by Cop

Wow, this Sufa is going together very nicely. I have the same kit in my stash and I really want to build her as 408 when it arrived in Israel. Which means no CFTs or Israeli national markings but one US star&bar. Don't have to buy the 600gal tanks either and clean of any weapons. Still looking for the centerline tank it landed with. Plus there are a few other things that need changing.

I see in some pictures in the background some Sufa information, which book is that? I have the IsraDecal F-16I Sufa book. Thanks for posting all this.

When I look at the pictures in this thread. I get a feeling of envy in my stomach, I get the feeling that i wish this was MY WIP......hehe....I have not seen a more beautiful SUFA so far. I do really, really REALLY hope that my SUFA will look half this good.......

very nice work!!!!!!!

Finn-Ove

• 1 month later...
Cheers guys. I have re-done the canopy this evening with heavily thinned, Tamiya clear yellow. I tlooks a lot better. Pic to follow.

Yes Klay, I removed them. In fact I removed every one I came across. Because if you don't they will just get in the way somewhere along the line.

Nige.

So, ummm, Cop, where is our update on the tinting of the forward canopy and well the entire aircraft? What happened to you? Did you get involved in a large case there on the force and unable to get back to us? It's been nearly 1 1/2 months since you last sent us an update. I think I speak for everyone who has seen this unbelievable build. GIVE US AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!! :( :pray: :) :shoot::worship: Thanks for showing, and I am pretty damn sure the person requesting this commission will enjoy it for many years!

Jeremy

Thanks for the compliments guys.

LimyC the colours I used are Hobby Color mainly, these being:

H310 Brown (FS30219)

H313 Yellow (FS 33531)

H308 Gray (FS 36375) for the undersides.

H305 Gray (FS36118) for the radome and other sensors.

The green is actually xtracrlix Sky 1007 (BS210).

With regards to the pit colour I scoured the net and found pics of both black and grey. So I suppose it's all down to the specific airframe and dates.

Well finished it last night before I went to work and managed to get some bad photo's of it which I need to retake. Here's a few that I managed to salvage though. Hope you like them.

Jman you happy now lol.

Sufa069.jpg

Sufa072.jpg

Sufa073.jpg

Sufa074.jpg

Sufa070.jpg

Sufa071.jpg

Nige.

Edited by Cop