Lunar Eclipse December 21st 2010

Some great photos on here. Thanks guys for posting them for us to enjoy. I've said this before on here...my dad was attached to NASA from the Air Force and he worked on the rocket engines that were on the Lunar Module. His three were aboard Apollo 9, 10 and 11. Before they put the LM aboard the Saturn V rocket for Apollo 11, all the guys that worked on it had signed a poster that was rolled up and put in one of the legs. So when I look at the moon I know my dads signature will forever be up there. He's still with me but he's 78 years old and not as sharp as he was back then. Probably one of the worlds greatest engineering accomplishments and I'm glad I was old enough to see it all happen.

David (aka Sig),

Just entered into the realm of Canon photography, and kinda enjoy doing the night shots...what lens are you using for the moon shots you have here?

TIA,

Josh

Edited by josh1813
David (aka Sig),

Just entered into the realm of Canon photography, and kinda enjoy doing the night shots...what lens are you using for the moon shots you have here?

TIA,

Josh

That fantastic 100-400 ISM zoom. I turned ISM off and went manual focus too. Glad you liked the shots.

:thumbsup: Damn, that was a good one! :rofl: :lol: :woo:

False alarm--just saw it outside. :nanner:

Sig--400mm?! I only have the 270. Nice to know what the low light limits are even with a bigger lens. The full shot is stunning.

Edited by MarkW