• 4 weeks later...

On display at Edwards AFB, CA, taken 4/28/04. At the time the markings were pretty confusing. I haven't been there in some time so I can't speak for her now. To the best of my research this was built as 43-33532, an SNB-2, or AT-7C then converted to an SNB-5 in 1952, then as a UC-45J in 1962, and used as a utility aircraft at Edwards until sold (??) and eventually repainted and placed on display. At some time the N-number N57161 was used by an outfit in Texas. Like I said, pretty confusing, and I'm guessing on the sold part since the FAA records do show it with that N-number. In any event, it's at EDW now - or it was in April 2004! Note the font used for the U.S. AIR FORCE markings.

Mark

021_18A_0003.jpg

Edited by F106A
  • 2 weeks later...

SNB-2C Navigator/UC-45J BuNo 29637 on display at Lackland AFB taken November, 2006. According to Baugher's data, this was Navy all the way until it ended up in USAF hands for display only, hence the wierd tail number. 42-9637 was a P-39N-1 that went to the Russians.

Mark

100_3422.jpg

100_3486.jpg

Edited by F106A
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...