HobbyBoss 1/48 F-14A

Hi All... Paint done and decals going on... Using the markings from a receint HAS release that had Cartograph markings..... They Matched up surprisingly well... Not perfect mind you, but not to shabby....

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Very nice indeed! :blink:

The Hobby Boss Tomcat is looking very, very good. I'd like to do a comparison build this year with the Hasegawa kit...

Your paint sceme is unusual - but very attractive! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the finished bird! :D

Gotta love the early year paint schemes for US Navy planes. The Gull grey over white really brings out the colors of the markings!

Jeremy

Hi All... Paint done and decals going on... Using the markings from a receint HAS release that had Cartograph markings..... They Matched up surprisingly well... Not perfect mind you, but not to shabby....

DSC_0443.jpg

One of the coolest schemes EVER! Reminds me of the old tool 1/72 Hasegawa kit I had as a kid :)...Decals look fine, good fit. Whaddya think to the kit so far?

I know that there are gonna be some Die Hard opponants to the HB kit... And that is OK.... But I'm tellin' ya all.. This kit will be great for the modeler that doesn't wanna spend up to a year building.... Or spending up to 100 % the price of the kit for an Aires / Avionics Pit and other aftermarket goodies to make the mighty Hasegawa better... This kit is for the modeler that models for themselves. Now if your a commission builder that can have the buyer absorb the cost of the after market stuff.. Thats great.... But lets not bash this kit to badly. Yea the HB is about $10.00 more than a standard HAS A model... But how much are ya gonna spend on stuff?? OOB the HB Beats HAS Hands down for fit, Cockpit details and wheel wells, Yea the excessive rivits are a bit over the top... But an hour of applying some Mr Surfacer 500 to the un wanted rivits and 10 minutes of sanding with 800 grit sand paper, the problem is gone.. And no wanted surface detail is lost...

I'll have some profile shots of the main fuselage up in the next day or so... She's lookin pretty good compared to my latest HAS build

Dave

Just got mine the other day for $58.00 shipped from China and i must say that's the best $58.00 i've spent on a kit in a long time! The VF-41 bird just does it for me! Keep up the good work, i love the hi vis F-14's!