HobbyBoss 1/48 F-14A

Thanks all for the comments!

One of the coolest schemes EVER! Reminds me of the old tool 1/72 Hasegawa kit I had as a kid :)...Decals look fine, good fit. Whaddya think to the kit so far?

Happy New Year Gary!!!!

The fit is quite nice! I think I am converted!!! I would like to see what U could do with it... Some of the same majic U did on the Wildcats F-18C !!!!

Just got mine the other day for $58.00 shipped from China and i must say that's the best $58.00 i've spent on a kit in a long time! The VF-41 bird just does it for me! Keep up the good work, i love the hi vis F-14's!

It is a good value! This has been a fun build so far... Next one I'll probably try to make a B model

Happy New Year Gary!!!!

The fit is quite nice! I think I am converted!!! I would like to see what U could do with it... Some of the same majic U did on the Wildcats F-18C !!!!

Happy New Year to you too :whistle:

I think curiosity will get the better of me and I'll have to buy one :lol: ...I was trying to resist coz I think they're gonna be pretty $$$$$$ over here.... but there's a couple of guys on ebay doing them for a decent price sooo....and if they're relatively error free and they fit well I could be really tempted...certainly looks good, can't wait to see it done :monkeydance:

Hi All... Update time.. Almost have this wrapped up.... Everything to this point has been uneventful... But a glaring error has been found... In true HB fashion, reminiscent of the F-18 kits... They hosed up the landing gear.... The Main gear torque knees are way over sized... And its a shame too.. The struts fit real nice into the wells. Alignment is super... but those knees are just way to big... The NLG strut doesn’t look to bad... But the LDG light is molded into the strut and the ldg signal box has no lights molded in nor is there a decal.. I just eyeballed 3 holes and there ya go.... Just a couple pics for now...

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

Here it is next to it's HAS brother.... Looks pretty good side by side

DSC_0448.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Thanks for the update! I think your big Tomcat is coming together very well and I like the colourful painting very much! :)

And about the brother: I didn't get it, are you building to HB Tomcats at the same time? Or is the counterpart from Hasegawa? The main landing gear looks like it's so... ;)

Can't wait to see the finished turkey!

And about the brother: I didn't get it, are you building to HB Tomcats at the same time? Or is the counterpart from Hasegawa? The main landing gear looks like it's so... <_<

Can't wait to see the finished turkey!

Yup.. It's a Hasegawa kit.. Doing it for the DS group Build.... Started it a few weeks befor I even knew the HB kit was already out...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

is anybody here?

Any progress?

The topic landed on the six page but I am still very interested to see finished job.

Hi! Thanks for the revival! Yup just about done... Just a few more little things to do.. Just had a bout of Modelers Block... Will have pics of it finished up hopefully by the end of the week.... To Cats Tandem is a lot for me LOL

Dave