1/32 Czech Models CT-133

oh sure,

now your teaseing us.

By better you mean your goina' put J fuel in the tanks and hydraulic fluid in the lines? :coolio:

Great Job on this one, almost sorry to see it finished

Thanks man!

Got a little chuckle out of me... I am still trying to find the quiet time to get the canopy done (blind flying hood and rails) - but when I squint or look from a distance, it does look pretty cool.

ALF

The canopy insides are done - here they blind flying hood rails are installed.

P1090680.jpg

Here is an early attempt at using kleenex for the hood. It is too large, and needs to be shorter and less voluminous.

P1090682.jpg

Here are the position lights installed. The kit didn't have any for the tip tanks, so I cheated and used the plastic from the bottom of the wings for the tip tanks.

P1090683.jpg

Here is the final version of the blind flying hood.

P1090686.jpg

Pretty much finished - Max likes it...

P1090687.jpg

ALF

Sean

Thanks - but in all fairness, the dog is almost a scale model - all 5 lbs of him!

Phantom

You're right about the vent - I was hoping nobody would notice... What did you use to scratch-build it? A piece of plastic Q-Tip?

ALF

If you're going to point out the fuel vent I suppose I should also point out the inlet on the port side above and forward of the roundel that is unique to Cdn. machines and should have been drilled out. By the way the fuel vent is airfoil shape so a piece of strut material would work great for most of it....

Cheers

Bruce

If you're going to point out the fuel vent I suppose I should also point out the inlet on the port side above and forward of the roundel that is unique to Cdn. machines and should have been drilled out. By the way the fuel vent is airfoil shape so a piece of strut material would work great for most of it....

Cheers

Bruce

Good suggestion saving some strut material. I will make sure I put something like that aside for my next try at this big beast.

As far as the vent on the left rear fuselage goes, I have the Leading Edge decals for the next build. I'm not sure if I would drill out the vent - but at the very least I'll use the vent decal. My final note to myself is to do a better job finding suitable pieces for the armament door vents on the nose.

Thanks to all of you who gave me good suggestions - you will be helping me with my next attempt at this kit!

ALF

Looks sharp, Alf! I had no idea of the size of the beast until you used a 1:1 scale dog for reference.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean

Thanks - but in all fairness, the dog is almost a scale model - all 5 lbs of him!

hahahhaaha :salute:

now you just made my evening laugh

Plane look great AFL great job

Cheers

Neo

hahahhaaha :yahoo:

now you just made my evening laugh

Plane look great AFL great job

Cheers

Neo

All right Neo - gloves are off...

Poor little Max - he is sensitive about his size... :thumbsup:

It's a good thing he only knows a few words in English (Cookie, Walk, Car, Here...). He doesn't know 'small' in English - he is used to " 'ti tattoo" from my wife. Hopefully, one day you will get to meet the real Max in person, and apologize properly to him. He takes cookies, peanut butter, and especially dropped bacon. :salute:

Thanks for checking in, mon ami!

ALF

It's a good thing he only knows a few words in English (Cookie, Walk, Car, Here...). He doesn't know 'small' in English - he is used to " 'ti tattoo" from my wife. Hopefully, one day you will get to meet the real Max in person, and apologize properly to him. He takes cookies, peanut butter, and especially dropped bacon. :P

Thanks for checking in, mon ami!

ALF

Regardless of their physical size, all my dogs had the heart of a giant. So they KNEW they were just the right size. Demonstrating why dogs will never know the word "small"-- goofy yes-- small no :)

emoticon-animal-028.gifemoticon-animal-064.gif

Very nicely done, ALF. I think it's a much more realistic finish than Alclad. She has a nice air of realism to her. Good work, buddy. Now you get to apply all that you've learned about the kit in this build during your next build. :)

As an aside, is it as amusing for you to watch Max try to get the peanut butter from the roof of his mouth as it is for me to watch Shelby and Bronson do the same thing? Give him a peanut butter and bacon sandwich; a double whammy.

Take car, my brother.

Mike

Very nicely done, ALF. I think it's a much more realistic finish than Alclad. She has a nice air of realism to her. Good work, buddy. Now you get to apply all that you've learned about the kit in this build during your next build. :thumbsup:

As an aside, is it as amusing for you to watch Max try to get the peanut butter from the roof of his mouth as it is for me to watch Shelby and Bronson do the same thing? Give him a peanut butter and bacon sandwich; a double whammy.

Take car, my brother.

Mike

Mike

Thanks, mon ami! You say to take a car... How about your beautiful Mustang? :whistle:

Max only gets given very small dabs of peanut butter. A big one would probably send him into a frenzy - like the dog in There's Something About Mary after he got drugged with Speed...

ALF

The T-Bird looks great Alf!! I bet this one will take a place of pride on your shelves!! Sorry I haven't been around much. Work is really heating up, and I needz dat money!!! :woo:

The T-Bird looks great Alf!! I bet this one will take a place of pride on your shelves!! Sorry I haven't been around much. Work is really heating up, and I needz dat money!!! :coolio:

Thanks Tilt!

It is now sitting proudly beside my 1/32 scale CF-18, on the shelf behind my head in the office. It has displaced my 1/32 F-16.

Now I need to build my big CF-5 (Belcher Bits conversion) to have 3 of the 4 military jets I flew the most. When is somebody going to come out with a 1/32 Tutor?....

ALF