Balkan Rat and 439 Tiger meet joint build

They both look quite nice Mark. I have a set of those Tigermeet decals, just wondering if its from the new batch or not.

You will know as soon as you place the first Tiger Stripe down.........

Looking good Mark!

You're showing amazing patience with the canopies. By the time I get to that point of a build, I tend to just glue the suckers down and accept the poor fit... Good work.

Good luck with the Hawk course!

ALF

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished, just the a bunch of small stuff to complete on both jets. Landing gear is on both jets, weapons are done.

Balkan Rat underside.

005-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Aires canopy rail, white wires are stretched sprue

013.jpg

Now painted, but without a flat coat.

042.jpg

044.jpg

More to come.

And to talk about patience, building those seat belts for the Aires seat. Each strap is 5 metal etch pieces, the long strap, 2 pieces to the metal buckles, a ring the attaches to the inertial reel strap (in blue).

The straps by themselves and the seat.

021.jpg

The metal etch added to the seat, still have to paint the handle that orange color and flat coat.

028.jpg

Side profile showing the hanging straps.

029.jpg

Aires open exhaust with worn looking exhaust pedals.

035.jpg

034.jpg

So hopefully I can finish the other stuff tomorrow and have complete models. The Hobby Boss kit has places for the small position lights (underwings, on lex, and tails) but do not supply the parts so I will have to stratch build those. More pics to follow.

cheers

Mark

Well the weekend is here and I had time to take some better pics: Hasegawa CF-18 in Balkan Rat Markings.

031.jpg

019.jpg

018-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

This was definitely the better of the 2 kits to build. Pics of the Tiger Meet to follow.

-Mark