Nebr ANG RF-4C Decals

There are none known to man. Yet. Diego at Hi DECAL has contemplated it for awhile now, but so far, nada. We keep encouraging him in that direction but his polls always end up with some other popular subject instead. :thumbsup: No, they probably wouldn't be huge sellers. Nebraska Hill scheme birds are kinda plain as the subject goes. Others like Alabama and Nevada had more colorful markings so they got covered already.

I would so buy some NE ANG gray Phantom markings. I've wanted them since the 173rd went gray.

Rick L.

I hope HiDecal does them. The reason Bare Metal quit doing ANG subject matter was because it simply didn't sell. The six guys in the relevant state bought them, nobody else did. Sad but true...

J

I would bet they'll end up on the Nats 11' sheet...just a guess...

Jeff

Not too likely actually. Since this year is the 100 anniversary of Naval aviation and the Nationals theme revolves around that, it is likely that there will not be room for a NE ANG subject on the sheet as there would be plenty of USN subjects to choose from. But, considering where the Nationals are being held, I would consider it possible that a Nebraska ANG subject might end up on a sheet for sale at the convention and after.

So keep emailing Diego to get him to do it. :woot.gif:

The six guys in the relevant state bought them, nobody else did. Sad but true...

J

I know that to be true, and it still baffles me. Guard jets are nearly always marked more attractively, are cleaner, and now that they fly the same missions as ACC, carry the same weapons.

Kind of makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd love some NE ANG RF-4C decals in the Hill Gray scheme.

Jake

Guys, you are not forgotten!

There is a NE ANG Hill Grey RF-4C on the pipeline. This really photogenic bird has colorful markings and sexy nose art so please don't worry - it will be done soon :thumbsup: ...in 1/48 and 1/72, of course.

Greetings

Diego / Hi-Decal

Edited by Diego
This is awesome news! :cheers:

Any ideas on a timeline???

Don

We hope to have the sheet ready during spring 2011.

It will include markings for the NE ANG RF-4C, IN ANG and TX AFRes F-4Es as well as Greek AF F-4E AUPs.

Greetings

Diego / HDL

Edited by Diego
I know that to be true, and it still baffles me. Guard jets are nearly always marked more attractively, are cleaner, and now that they fly the same missions as ACC, carry the same weapons.

Yeah, but if a guy is gonna do one RF-4C (and how many of us are likely to do more than one, really?), and you don't happen to live in Nebraska, odds are you're either going to do an active AF bird, or if your state flew RF's, one from your state. Which leaves those six guys in Nebraska to buy 83.3 NE ANG RF-4C decals apiece to cover the production run of 500...

I can't imagine spending much time building any ANG airplane other than Michigan (even though I live in Virginia.. but that's another story).

J

Actually Jennings, it is more like 12 guys and not all are in my state. Several of the modelers in other states that border Nebraska have expressed interest in NE markings since we had RFs while Kansas and North Dakota had fighters (not sure about South Dakota or Iowa after Iowa got out of Huns). As such, there is a little more interest in them in this part of the midwest then just Nebraska. If the NE ANG had fighter Phantoms, I might be more inclined to agree, but recce Phantoms were a little rarer bird in these here parts.

I'd do ANY state over the Michigan F-4C's,mainly since it's a subject in my eyes over done,only the newer decal companies haven't put them on a sheet yet.I'd pick up a sheet if it had the Michigan F-4D's on it though,I haven't seen those done before besides the old Maintrack decal sheet from years back and it's a very hard sheet to find.

I have a soft spot for the Reno Recce's but if a sheet came out for the Nebraska or Missisippi ANG unit's,I'd get it in a heartbeat.Heck,I'll buy any ANG/AFRES Phantom sheet that comes along,and if there is a unit never been done on decal on the sheet,it's a must have for me.

I'm very happy to hear that the NEANG decals are still coming. I'm in for a couple of sheets. And still waiting for the NEANG KC-135 sheet from TwoBobs as well. Hoping 2011 is my year! I've got a kit waiting for each. I was in the Nebraska ANG from 92-98, so I got in at the end of the Hill Gray RF-4C's and transitioned to the KC-135R's. I'm doing a SEA scheme NEANG Phantom for the Recce GB, but I'm looking forward to what Diego puts out. Can't wait to have an example of each.

Justin

Actually Jennings, it is more like 12 guys and not all are in my state. Several of the modelers in other states that border Nebraska have expressed interest in NE markings since we had RFs while Kansas and North Dakota had fighters (not sure about South Dakota or Iowa after Iowa got out of Huns). As such, there is a little more interest in them in this part of the midwest then just Nebraska. If the NE ANG had fighter Phantoms, I might be more inclined to agree, but recce Phantoms were a little rarer bird in these here parts.

South Dakota operated the Hun until 1977, the A-7D until 1991 and now currently operate the F-16C

Iowa's 132nd Wing in Des Moines and 185th Wing in Souix City both operated the A-7D as well, the F-16. The 185th currently operates the KC-135 while the 132nd still operates the F-16C.

Actually, I wonder if a "Heritage" sheet with aircraft operated by the same state's ANG units would work, especially when a vast majority of ANG units operated fighters at one point or another.

We hope to have the sheet ready during spring 2011.

It will include markings for the NE ANG RF-4C, IN ANG and TX AFRes F-4Es as well as Greek AF F-4E AUPs.

Greetings

Diego / HDL

Looking forward to them. Too bad you couldn't squeeze some Greek AF RF-4E's onto the sheet, as well. :thumbsup:

Larry