My small AIR Base 1/48 ...

• 3 weeks later...

Exquisite Philippe. Even your choice of base to copy. I am former Wild Weasel Phase mechanic (1987-1991) but did my four Active Air Force years at George AFB. California. My ex-wife was AGE mech. at Spang. during the time you depict (before she transferred to GAFB.) and I did go to Spangdahlem in the late '90's for Reserves on A-10 Warthog. I am saying THANKS for the work as it does capture the Ambiance of what I think a beautiful Base. In fact, the photo you took with the F-16's in front of older Hangars reminds me of the time I myself took pictures of WW F-16's at that very spot when I was there! And your Hangar Maintenance depictions of the F-4 are the closest to reality I have yet seen-Bravo Sir. Don't be shy on using grime or sienna wash to internals of your aircraft, they are seldom cleaned inside. Super work and Thank you for showing it. Erik. AFRES Retired.

Hello and thank you for your compliements...

I am happy of to evoke memory of past through a model... I have to say that I am also in the Air Force, in France as instructor on flight simulator... During my visit to Spang in 1987, my eyes one got by the images whom I tried to reproduce in model. All the planes are of this time. I photographed them during my visit. My most beautiful memory is the flight in back seat of Mirage in training(close formation) with 228 and 242 's F-4G. I had the eyes of it which shone... It was a pleasure to discuss with you. Still thank you for your compliements.

Philippe

Hello and thank you for your compliements...

I am happy of to evoke memory of past through a model... I have to say that I am also in the Air Force, in France as instructor on flight simulator... During my visit to Spang in 1987, my eyes one got by the images whom I tried to reproduce in model. All the planes are of this time. I photographed them during my visit. My most beautiful memory is the flight in back seat of Mirage in training(close formation) with 228 and 242 's F-4G. I had the eyes of it which shone... It was a pleasure to discuss with you. Still thank you for your compliements.

Philippe

I think you speak of this one ...

img_5015.jpg

Phillipe,

Great diorama, and the 52 FW is one of my favorite units! From the size and variety of the diorama, it seems more like a model railroad layout than normal model aviation.

I have a question, what decals did you use for the the 52 FW F-16s?

Great diorama, thank you for sharing!

Hoops

All I can say is WOW!

The first shot of the Viper on jacks inside a hangar had me going for a minute - I thought it was REAL.

Can't wait to see what you have for us next!

Phillipe,

Great diorama, and the 52 FW is one of my favorite units! From the size and variety of the diorama, it seems more like a model railroad layout than normal model aviation.

I have a question, what decals did you use for the the 52 FW F-16s?

Great diorama, thank you for sharing!

Hoops

Hi,

I use Xtradecal 48005 for Spang F-16 WW.

Thanks for your congratulations.

Philippe

Hi,

I use Xtradecal 48005 for Spang F-16 WW.

Thanks for your congratulations.

Philippe

Philippe,

That's what I guessed for the 81st and 180th FS, but what about the markings for the 23 FS? I have not seen any markings available for those aircraft, or at least a good image of the squadron badge so that I can do the artwork myself.

Thank you very much for your reply,

Hoops

Philippe,

That's what I guessed for the 81st and 180th FS, but what about the markings for the 23 FS? I have not seen any markings available for those aircraft, or at least a good image of the squadron badge so that I can do the artwork myself.

Thank you very much for your reply,

Hoops

Ho I'm sorry ...

The base to realise f-16 C of this période is Xtradecal 48 005. This one is good to release a 480st TFS bird with red stip & insigia on left side. To release 23 rd TFS F-16 its necessary to use a superb decals of Air Doc on F-4E&G ...

Low vis isigna of 23 rd TFS is exactly the same for F-16 ...

For 81 st TFS it's more dificult ... Scanner is necessary to realease this one ... Xtradecal have 81 st TFS but in 1/72 scale with yellow strip ... after scanning of this insigna I translate to 1/48 by 1.5 ... you can see this one on cargo pod on F-4G 285 ... IF you want, it's possible to post for you an or tow of this.

Sorry my english is not perfect ...

Phil

Exquisite Philippe. Even your choice of base to copy. I am former Wild Weasel Phase mechanic (1987-1991) but did my four Active Air Force years at George AFB. California. My ex-wife was AGE mech. at Spang. during the time you depict (before she transferred to GAFB.) and I did go to Spangdahlem in the late '90's for Reserves on A-10 Warthog. I am saying THANKS for the work as it does capture the Ambiance of what I think a beautiful Base. In fact, the photo you took with the F-16's in front of older Hangars reminds me of the time I myself took pictures of WW F-16's at that very spot when I was there! And your Hangar Maintenance depictions of the F-4 are the closest to reality I have yet seen-Bravo Sir. Don't be shy on using grime or sienna wash to internals of your aircraft, they are seldom cleaned inside. Super work and Thank you for showing it. Erik. AFRES Retired.

It's very important for me that you write here. It's in this idea that realese "my small air base" ... I always would give the live and "capture the Ambiance of what I think a beautiful Base" ... It's a dream going to reality.

Thank you very much for your congratulations

Philippe

Edited by philippe.chauvin

Ho I'm sorry ...

The base to realise f-16 C of this période is Xtradecal 48 005. This one is good to release a 480st TFS bird with red stip & insigia on left side. To release 23 rd TFS F-16 its necessary to use a superb decals of Air Doc on F-4E&G ...

Low vis isigna of 23 rd TFS is exactly the same for F-16 ...

For 81 st TFS it's more dificult ... Scanner is necessary to realease this one ... Xtradecal have 81 st TFS but in 1/72 scale with yellow strip ... after scanning of this insigna I translate to 1/48 by 1.5 ... you can see this one on cargo pod on F-4G 285 ... IF you want, it's possible to post for you an or tow of this.

Sorry my english is not perfect ...

Phil

I'm mostly interested in the 23 FS, and I'll try to find the AirDoc F-4 Sheet. Thank you for the great tip!

Cheers,

Hoops