My small AIR Base 1/48 ...

Hi AV O,

Thank's for your answer ...

Super sympa d'avoir partagé le lien vers le forum Master194 ...

Amicalement,

Cheers,

PS.

The wall just behind a part of Air Base ... Man at work !

Philippeimg_4120.jpg

The roof ... all is différent grey ... and only part the sky is blue ... You can see a dog fight of Bitburg's F-15 ... Men at work also ...

img_4119.jpg

Edited by philippe.chauvin

Thank you for your kind words - means a lot coming from a builder like you.  Love that back wall an the space you have.  Mine lives in parts in the garage throughout the winter and only comes outside on sunny days.   Remember the Bitburg eagles at air shows.  Did mine as a Soesterberg CR eagle and a wrong model F-111 dressed as a Lakenheath bird.  

p3MNcGC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

i don’t live far from Lakenheath and we had the Spangdahlem F-16s over a few months back.  Nearer to Mildenhall and it’s c-130s, C-17s and KC-135s though

Ok ! It is very nice to meet someone having the same view and theme for models.

I work in the Air Force reserve because I am an old man.
For this reason, I can put my Air Base Model in a room of the French Air Force Museum at Mont-de-Marsan Air Base.

(I take a teacher )

Cheers

Philippe

Hi once again,

In the future, the same airplanes as yours will be on my display. It is funny but normal according to the  topic.
Where did you find the vehicles we can see on your diorama ? I have never seen such vehicles in 1/48th scale before.

Philippe

My modelling theme s based on the aircraft I used to see around the early 1980s at the USAF and RAF airbases and airshows.  The vehicles are mainly modified kits or die cast - the Follow Me truck below is a 1/43 pick up I found on a market stall for a few pence and resprayed and added the sign.

w9Gtmvk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

the ground crew kits are Esci and Hasegawa.  The land rover in the first photo is airfix 1/43 with added RAF decals, and the tanker is a Corgi 1/50 diecast tanker modified & re painted.

We used to spend holidays not far from you - just north of Villeneuve sur Lot.

Hi,

Some electric lightning does give it a realistic touch.

I modified the R11 to give the scene a more realistic atmosphere  : the front wheels slightly turned for a dynamic look, the driver's door opened and the refuelling pipe extended.

Correction ...

I like your engineering hangar Philippe.  I have ride to do something similar when I saw the following picture on a webpage

zF82cmV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I actually wondered if it was a model.  It is not - it is the adutch airforce engineering facility at Hoofdorp.  So I wondered if it could be made in to a model.  My attempt is not really complete.  Needs more details and lighting 

kkYRvKG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I even vent have a Dutch F-16 to pose in it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Philippe,

Real lost for words here. Simply, a diorama like this would be the perfect environment where to keep just every new kits one puts together and finishes. It makes me feel really small with regard to the several more subjects one would need to purchase in order to have such a diorama like this going - out of the  normal decal sheet and/or aftermarket detailing set, that is.

Just out of curiosity; ever kept track of the amount of money invested so far? Let's say a fat cat ever made present and asked you to purchase this diorama. Have you ever thought about that possibility?

Also, ever thought about any Russian aircraft doing goodwill visits/emergency landings/defections? That'd be cool.

Cheers,

Onigiri

Built something that would look at home on your airbase Philippe.  I went to RAF Bentwaters and the museum has a nice NF-2 Floodlight set.  I wanted one in 1/48 but no one seems to make a kit, so a scratch built one with working lights

9NuLKKr94ChYYuhgVXLPIIocyOUP3XdDzN65mTTD

Happy new year to you too