My small AIR Base 1/48 ...

• 1 month later...

another pictures ...

the visitors ...

p1000531.jpg

p1000530.jpg

p1000533.jpg

sorry taxiway is not finish at this time !

p1000534.jpg

Absolutely amazing for the scale - it is a very dedicated effort gives me inspiration for my 1/72 scale Airfield Project

It looks like you could just step into the pics....awesome job! Great work Philippe!! That looks like it was well relaxing. Wish there was club around here where we could do something like this....

OUTSTANDING!!!

-Jim

• 1 month later...

It looks like you could just step into the pics....awesome job! Great work Philippe!! That looks like it was well relaxing. Wish there was club around here where we could do something like this....

OUTSTANDING!!!

-Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your great.

It's good idea to release this one in your club ... But it's necessary to all members have the same way of thinking !

Good luck.

And thank you.

Philippe.

I just spent several hours looking at a master piece. You have worked hard, and done your research and it shows. I am very impressed, it represents the best of this hobby, and something you can be very proud of!

Thank you for your greats. It's sort of the work of a modeller's life. The end is near. The cross servicing hangar and TWR are ultimately realisable.

For the birds, 2 F-4E and 2 F-4G are close to reach their nests.

In the same time I brush the men and women, pilots and mecanics (124) to give a live on the diorama.

Thanks.

Philippe

Philippe,

I came back and had another longggggg...look at your work...Truly GIFTED and very patient as a modeler..

What I wanted to know is this, do you have in mind the diorama that you want to build, or just go with the flow...

and How LONG does it take for you to make and prepare and plan this EXCELLENT diorama...

How long have been working on THIS ONE..

Once again ,

STUPENDOUS, MAGNIFIQUE work... :worship::worship:

Thank you

HOLMES

Edited by HOLMES

Philippe,

I came back and had another longggggg...look at your work...Truly GIFTED and very patient as a modeler..

What I wanted to know is this, do you have in mind the diorama that you want to build, or just go with the flow...

and How LONG does it take for you to make and prepare and plan this EXCELLENT diorama...

How long have been working on THIS ONE..

Once again ,

STUPENDOUS, MAGNIFIQUE work... :worship::worship:

Thank you

HOLMES

Hi Holmes,

History of this building:

Once upon a time 2 modellers have an idea to release a big, a giant diorama ... but why ?

my hobby is wild weasel, all phantoms an more particularitie the F-4G ...

in 1987 I meet crew of spangdahlem, wild weasel driver and bear ! I'm very happy to meet this personnes and I propose to dedicasse my books on this mission. at this time the link is release between this crew and me.

the leader propose to me to visit Spang AB ... :woo:

3 months after I go to spang to visit this air base, home of F-4G wild weasel in Europe.

My freind love US aircraft with european marking like Helenic Belgium Dutch Spain ... all nato birds.

When we decide to release the giant diorama, an Air base is a good compromise to put his kits and my WW kits ... we decide to release Spang ...

More reasons, in the first time is paticular agencement so long, 2 types of HAS and home of F-4G. In second time, the year : 1987 ! it's a chalenge for 52nd TFW, remplacement F-4E by F-16C block 30. For the modellers I have tow types of A/C. it's good. 1987 is also good compromise for all a/c of the world. old machine live near the newer. ex: Fiat G-91 and F-18A/B Canadian AF

Bigining in 1991 we build Has, hangar, taxy ways, parking ... but we have 2 half of diorama. my half and his half. it's not exactly spang AB because we have each an half.

In 2001 my friend give his part of air base. At this time I decide, alone, to rebuilt all air base and I put all building at the good place :boohoo:

Today all is finish or in final touch. the last hangar and TWR are in paint.

after I have just a lot of F-4 to built a lot of F-16C/D and more ...

I'm sorry for my bad english :cheers:

thank you for yours congratulations

Philippe

Philippe,

That is an awesome story..BRILLIANT....THANK YOU for the reply...I LOVE Phantoms et al... :wub: :wub:

Are you or have you been taking photos of this as you go along and OR of the finished Diorama scenes....

In MY humble opinion I think you should take photos of each process and then put a book together like an Author puts a story together.

It would make for FANTASTIC reading and learning.....and the you have it for posterity in a book too as well as a Diorama ! :worship::worship:

ONCE AGAIN , you and your friend have given ME such excitement and PLEASURE in seeing this very detailed,

INCREDIBLE, EXQUISITE , INSPRIRNG, INNOVATIVE Diorama...

KEEP on making GORGEOUS dioramas ..

Merci,

HOLMES

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PHILIPPE,

EXCELLENT WORK. I AM BUILDING A 1/48 SCALE A-10 DIORAMA AND WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU GOT THE TOW VEHICLE IN THESE PICTURES.

THANKS

STEVE DOUGLAS

Hi

the vehicle is a toys ... the model is a ford pick up in 1/46 scale by Maïsto ! I realeased the rear in scratch ... I conserved just the cabine with interior.

Thank for yours congratulations

I'm stunned. This is an absolutely AMAZING diorama! What scale is is it? Do you give lessons? I don't know if the english language has words that can do it justice.

As for your english, there are people who were born and raised in the USA that can not speak it or spell it as well as you. It's sad but it's reality. You just keep up the good work my friend!

I'm stunned. This is an absolutely AMAZING diorama! What scale is is it? Do you give lessons? I don't know if the english language has words that can do it justice.

As for your english, there are people who were born and raised in the USA that can not speak it or spell it as well as you. It's sad but it's reality. You just keep up the good work my friend!

Thank you ! my very big model is in quater inch ?! I know, I crazy ... I see that you live on state of Looking Martin ... It's a dream for me ...

Philippe

• 2 weeks later...

Utterly amazing! I've always had a dream of doing something like this myself but that's all it's ever been and I suspect, all it ever will be - just a pipe dream!

Looks like you're living the dream for the rest of us! Just one question...where on earth (literally!) do you keep it?!

Fantastic job - good luck with any more additions you plan to make. Can't wait to see them! :woot.gif:

Utterly amazing! I've always had a dream of doing something like this myself but that's all it's ever been and I suspect, all it ever will be - just a pipe dream!

Looks like you're living the dream for the rest of us! Just one question...where on earth (literally!) do you keep it?!

Fantastic job - good luck with any more additions you plan to make. Can't wait to see them! :woot.gif:

Hi,

You know there is nothing hard in this realization of the wood for the support, some drawing paper for taxiways and parking lots... As you say it, it is effectively the dream which became reality very sincèement there is nothing of dificile! It is necessary to accept that it takes time... You should not change course all the time to make poses. To resume the construction at the end we have a base! Finally a piece courage the dream can become reality

Cordially

Philippe

p1050117.jpg

p1050112.jpg

p1050110.jpg