My small AIR Base 1/48 ...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, what kind of material do you use for the insides of the HAS?
I have several Preiser's and like to add such detail aswell. Do you want to share it?

It looks like ribbed - corrugated cardboard?

There is 5mmx7mm Dia Flexible Corrugated Conduit Tube Pipe

Edited by cag_200
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little history.

In 1980, I was a "skeeter wing" (one stripe), 18 year old airman and this is where I went to work every day.  I rode my bicycle from the barracks and went in the door marked, put my bike against the wall in the hangar and all our line trucks were parked where Philippe has placed the AGE equipment.  We had our 0700 formation in the hangar and I went to go get a tool box from the tool crib, basically adjacent to the AGE shop in the direction of the arrow.  In 1981, new USAFE directives came out that our shop had to be located in a hardened shelter so we spent days relocating everything to a specially configured TAB-V up the hill by the 23rd FS.  But the hangar remained our "load barn" where load crews, 32 of them with three people each had to cycle through weapons load training every 30 days on every munition in the inventory.  It usually took a full eight hours.  It was done 24 hours a day and rarely was there no activity except weekends.   On airshow day, the hangar doors were wide open and two F-4's would be in there, as always but with maintenance stands for people to walk up and get their pictures taken sitting in the cockpit.  

I was there for two years and it was one of the toughest places to have a first assignment for any rank.   

hangar 01a circle arrow WORDS SMALL.jpg

Edited by VADM Fangschleister
  • 8 months later...