Gents,

I don't really need anything tangible, just information!

Does anyone have a Revell 1/48th P-61 Black Widow?

If yes, can they tell me what part 58 and 59 are?

I have acquired a copy, but its missing one part, and all I have to go on is an old copy of 1970's Monogram instructions for their version of this kit ... and they don't quite seem to make sense.

I need to find out if I'm missing the engine cover (so I can possibly get a replacement.)

MANY THANKS (season's greetings,)

all best

John

Hi John, I've got one somewhere in the stash, I'll see if I can dig it out today in between all the Christmas preps. In the meantime, I note from your post-cout you've not been around long - welcome aboard - so you may not have come across this thread yet. I suspect Terry/Nightiemission can tell you the answer without having to dig out a kit!

Good luck with your Widow. If you've not got any markings yet I can recommend this sheet.

Season's Greetings to you too. :)

Edited by MikeC

Me again.

My kit is an old Monogram I bought a while ago - at least 10 years. However, according to the instructions I have part 58 is the nose radome for the P-61A version. 59 is the rearmost engine cover of the two detachable cowlings.

HTH, and please post some photos when she's done. I may even start mine now I've unearthed it.

Mike,

Thanks a million! Hopefully I can find a replacement part, but if not, I'll just show the engine (which generally isn't my preference, as I never do engines well.)

And double plus thanks for the link to the P-61 tips page, and the link within that to the P-61 restoration. WOW! That was fantastic.

Finally, thanks for the link to the decals (as I read that the ones in the box are tough.)

You know, I'm not exactly new here, I have posted before and come to surf, but I must admit to being a tad intimidated. There is so much traffic here, so many posts and modelers. Sometimes I get the feeling its a bit hard to keep up or keep track of the threads. There are a couple more bucolic forms I frequent where I posts a bit more, but that written, I certainly will post a picture here if I get the P-61 done (however immodest, and it may take a while ...)

MANY THANKS, and season's greetings!

all best

John

Edited by mundster