What did you get for Christmas?

It's 1am Christmas morning......I checked under the tree and Santa brought me the 1/24 Aston Martin DBS....comes with photo etch.

I'm a big fan of the Vanquish.....and this is my little way of living my dream.

tam24316box.jpg

Nothing model related, as I take care of that stuff myself (although last year I FINALLY got my Dremel from the In-Laws). This year was exceedingly good to us what with me returning to gainful employment after being out of work for exactly a year. Also, due to the NLRB ruling that eliminating our jobs was an unfair labor practice, I received a check for $50k, that's what I call a Christmas present!! After paying off all our bills and stashing 2/3's of that money in the bank, the household got a 42" LCD/LED television and my wife got me a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop. Now I can do some of my school work on my lunch break at work!!

No idea. Haven't opened presents yet. I just woke up a few minutes ago. The missus is over at her best friend's house. We're going to Her Nibs's parents in an hour or so and then I have to go to work. We're opening our gifts tonight after I get home from work.

I must have fooled the heck out of Santa Claus because he thought I had been a good boy and brought me some nice stuff.

Nikon D-90 DSLR

Nikkor 15-105mm zoom lens

Nikkor 70-300mm zoom lens

Nikon SB-900 strobe unit

Now all I have to do is get through that encyclopedia they call an instruction manual and learn how to use it.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78
I must have fooled the heck out of Santa Claus because he thought I had been a good boy and brought me some nice stuff.

<....>

:jaw-dropping: Same here!

Lotsa kits:

Academy 1/48 F-15I Ra'am

Trumpeter 1/48 J-10B

Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64D JASDF & IsraCast 1/48 AH-64D-I Saraf conversion set

Academy 1/35 CV9040B

Decals:

Linden Hill 1/72 Armenia

Linden hill 1/72 Turkmenistan

Aztec 1/72 Macho Mustangs I

DP Casper 1/72 Left Hook (Ethiopia & Eritrea 2001)

Books:

Mil Mi-24 Hind: Attack Helicopter by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov

Osprey F-16 in OIF

Osprey F-15E 1990-2005

Osprey AH-64 in OEF & OIF

Tankograd on Swedish CV9040s

Well according to the Santa Tracker on TV last night, he stopped in Jamaca before the states. So that explains why there's no Mistubishi Lancer Evo X in my driveway. Then I had to go to work!!!

Just kidding....well about the Evo part.

We celebrated my Christmas last night cause I had to work today (can we say holiday pay? :jaw-dropping: ). I asked for money that was I could get what I wanted. My wife agreed cause she didn't have a cluse as to what I was talking about when I said that I wanted a S-3B Viking with all the goodies. So all in total I got $275. I can't wait to order my stuff.

This is an unusual Christmas for me in that I didn't get anything aviation related for presents. But then my sister brought her little girl over and we threw her toy card plane back and forth and the little one had a good time saying "Uncle Nick it's in the tree again.... can you reach it please? :jaw-dropping:

Did get the A-Team DVD which has some good flight scenes :banana:

I suppose it's my fault for not saying if I wanted any model kits or aircraft books but to be honest, not a lot has appealed to me recently. I will go out and get myself the RAF 2011 Calendar next week though!