I am building an Airfix Spitfire IXc (1/72) as a 2TAF TACR bird for the Airfix Ahoy GB and it was suggested I join this one as well. So, if permitted I will also do the TACR Spitfire IX for this one. The intent is to finish it in the very pale pink scheme that proved effective for low level early morning recce missions.

The Airfix interior is virtually non-existant. However the Airfix Ahoy rules prohibit any aftermarket stuff so all I am adding are the camera port and some interior bits to give at least a semblence of the real thing. With the canopy closed and in 1/72 that will hopefully suffice.

Hi all,

Would like to enter an Me262, the A-1a/U3 Aufklärer (Recce) version in 1/72nd (Revell kit number 04146). This is a Schwalbe without most of the guns and two RB 50/30 cameras replacing them in the main bay.

I got from holiday last night just in time to order the (very affordable) looking David Wadham books on German Reconnaissance Aircraft - need them as I'm not quite settled on specific subject and its' fit. These should help - should be delivered in a couple of days, and then the fun will begin in earnest.

Patrick

(Jetlagged at 4 a.m. ;))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise this GB runs until 1st July.

I am hesitant to enter another GB, since I started "too many" GBs here but have only completed one so far before the dateline.

I cobbled together a SR-71 at a beach resort during the family Chinese New Year getaway a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have already passed the closing fuselage stage (it is a dinky vintage LS 1/144 afterall). I am currently stalled at the sanding stage :deadhorse1: . Planned to do it in NASA markings (if I could fidn the right decals) or alternatively a Habu. I could post photos if the mods wish to consider this.

I also have started a couple of FACs at the Vietnam War GB over at Britmodeler...

And, if I stick to my ususal mode of starting without hoping to complete, I may offer some kind of ELINT derivatives.

Cheers,

Giles

We would love to have you join the GB. Posting some pictures would help to decide how much progress you have made before entering.

Darwin

I will take a photo of the SR-71 over the weekend. I am afraid it is probably too much past the post even though I actually only started it in February.

The FACs are in the Britmodeler Vietnam GB.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61932

The two dinky kits were started earlier in January. They are kinda slow moving because I am not really looking forward to repairing self inflicted damage from my zeal to thin the fuselage sides....

Giles

The Blackbird is at this stage right now

DSCN0163.jpg

I glued the pieces together on a tropical island resort :whistle: two weekends ago. It was supposed to be an easy build... except I did not bargain for fit issues. Nothing major but annoying enough.

I also opened up the recon officer's canopy windows and installed two facsimile crew members (not that you could see them now that the fuselage is closed).

DSCN0160.jpg

Giles

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to enter the 1/48th Monogram F-100D plus the C&H resin kit to modify it to the F model. It will marked as Misty FAC of the 37th Tac Fighter Wing, 416th Squadron, Detachment #1

Darwin

• 1 month later...

Didn't realise there was a Recce GB on. Started the Eduard 1/48 Royal Class Mirage IIIC a couple of weeks ago with the newly released AML Tzniut nose and Martin C's ATAR9C engine. Will join in the GB seeing as it fits the bill. Need to get some pics of where it is at.