China's new 5th Generation Fighter ?

"When the first rumors began to filter out of China some three years ago, our theoretical weapons strategists stood before NATO command to explain - with much confidence - that it would take the Chinese a minimum of ten years to develop a Mach Five aircraft with thought-controlled weapons systems. I stand before you today to explain - with much regret - that we were wrong".

Kind of looks like the Yak-141 to me, except it is twin engined. The tails also look a bit small as well. Of course, a couple grainy pics of what could be a prototype doesn't necessarily mean they have perfected the design yet. But it is interesting to see just the same.

to me, this looks pretty much like some of thoses "artistic speculations" of Pak-Fa, before russians unveil it first prototype.

in the rear side angle pic, this plane share some attributes with the su-47 berkut. like an overall mostly flat profile...

BTW, thanks for the news Gregg :)

Edited by mingwin

So I guess it was a good idea to end F-22 production because those in power believed there were no 5th gen fighters on the drawing boards of foreign countries. They have now been proved wrong two times already. Good job guys!

cheers

Mark

Edited by GRAIL007

Ah, i see the news reached ARC now... :)

I found this and looks similar to the photos your Liny Gregg.........Stealthy looking...Hmm...

http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/?p=3665

No it doesn't.

And why do you post a link to drawings made by children? There is absolutely no interesting value in those. Newest pictures:

27165768b9a30af7902ae18.jpg

260802663139064JPG.jpg

Fake or not, i am still on the fence.

Edited by Berkut
I found this and looks similar to the photos your Linky Gregg.........Stealthy looking...Hmm...

http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/?p=3665

Thanks Holmes ... :)

Ah, i see the news reached ARC now... :santa:

No it doesn't.

And why do you post a link to drawings made by children? There is absolutely no interesting value in those. Newest pictures:

Fake or not, i am still on the fence.

Actually, if you take a better look ...

>>> This one From Holmes' Link looks similar ... <<<.

>>> to This <<<

And those drawings obviously weren't done by children ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Oh jeez. Is it necessary to post 1395 bad Chinese "what if" drawings/cgi? Because believe me, there is hundreds of them. Hundreds. Alright then. Here is some that is "close to the pictures".

j15z.jpg

Chinese_J-xx_best.jpg

It wasn't a big deal when people were posting speculative renderings of what the PAK-FA might of looked like and it's not a big deal with this either, so why make an issue out of it ?

This is when your immaturity shows through ... :)

Gregg

It wasn't a big deal when people were posting speculative renderings of what the PAK-FA might of looked like and it's not a big deal with this either, so why make an issue out of it ?

This is when your immaturity shows through ... :)

Gregg

You are not worth it.

/moves on.

B-1 Nut. Yes, canards is somewhat a limiting factor to stealth. But it depends a lot on theirs placement shape and materials. If radar "sees through" them, then they shouldn't be a problem. The big question is how good is China's ability to make a stealthy plane anyway? They have tested F-117 mock up (and even A-12/Sr-71!) so they might have gotten some basic know-how. But in terms of materials, they don't have much to depend on.

Edited by Berkut
I don't know why, but it seems strange that it would have canards.

Would something like that limit it "stealthyness"?

Looks like quite a few compromises has been made against stealthyness, my bet is that they use canards instead of movable exhausts. I don´t think it´s an all out stealth desing as much as a reduced RCS-design. it´s made to be hard to detect from the front ...ergo it´s a fighter, but not as stealthy from the sides nor from below.

This is a China- America co venture. The Chinese are producing a full scale manned target drone for the US. The US plans to shoot these manned targets down with F-22's. However, The Chinese military are not aware that this new design was selected for this mission!

This is a China- America co venture. The Chinese are producing a full scale manned target drone for the US. The US plans to shoot these manned targets down with F-22's. However, The Chinese military are not aware that this new design was selected for this mission!
:rofl:

...let's just hope there's still be flyable f-22 by then...

cos it may take too long before chineses get their 5th gen operationnal...

and USA to retire f-22 for lack of funding earlier (it won't take 20 years to bankruptcy at this rate...)

one thing is sure, that 5th gen fighter is more a threat to Pak-Fa market than anything else, for now.

You are not worth it.

/moves on.

WOW! this Is Rude!!!

Berkut, i don't know what happening to you, but it seems like you had a bad christmas... sorry for you.

you'd been rude to one of the most Kind member here at ARCforum, and this, without any purpose.

your link might be greater, your pics/rendering more close to the real thing... that still doesn't give you any authority to act like you do in this thread.

i wont throw you a full bucket of **** in the face just cos you have made me waste a few minutes of my life to wrote you this message!

like you do to Holmes.(cos you'd wast a few seconds looking at his link...)

and no need also for patronizing... no children would have been able to do thoses drawings, unless being talented autists...

this is insulting, "essayes pas de me passer des vessies pour des lanternes"

no need also to bash on that other member who pointed out you rude attitude... (by telling that thoses drawings weren't made by children)

Berkut, you may want ARC to be a perfect ressouce place, with no waste of time, absolutely perfect references...answers to every questions...

still thank you to have take the time to post thoses picture you posted, they are the greatest yet.

but if you wanted to do a rant about all thoses CGI over the internet, please start your own thread about it!

unless that, post your things, and leave other posters alone!

thank you!

this thread will surely likely be deleted soon!

thank you again berkut!

Edited by mingwin
Berkut, i don't know what happening to you, but it seems like you had a bad christmas... sorry for you.

I had great Christmas, thank you. :santa:

I came home from being away for some time, and being based (i am in Airforce) far from home. So this is actually one of the best Christmas brakes i have had. :explode:

no need also to bash on that other member who pointed out you rude attitude... (by telling that thoses drawings weren't made by children)

Made by children as in metaphor. I know they are not made by 9 year olds.

I just think that discussing 2d drawings is a bit...eh, pointless, now that we have picture of what could possibly the real thing. If we didn't, that would be a whole different situation. That is why i said what i said, discussion wasn't worth it for me, so i just gave up on it. I think that is ok for both me and Gray Ghost.

And there is no such thing as perfect reference. :explode: IMHO, of course.

Thanks Holmes ... :)

Actually, if you take a better look ...

>>> This one From Holmes' Link looks similar ... <<<.

>>> to This <<<

And those drawings obviously weren't done by children ...

Gregg

Gregg I meant to post this which is at the bottom of the first link I posted....and I do believe it shows pics similar to yours !!!

http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/?p=9573

I hope that helps.