China's new 5th Generation Fighter ?

This looks more as if it were a fight bomber than a pure aerial fighter to compete against the F-22 or other modern western fighters. Given China's need to export, this might be a stealthy strike aircraft which many of their military customer countries may want to purchase.

Someone out there in Beijing is quietly giggling to themselves as the entire aviation community of the Western world goes nutty speculating over grainy pictures of a strange looking aircraft!! :whistle:

Wouldn't we all have egg on our faces if it turned out to be a prop for a new movie?! :crying2:

On a serious note, when did China first seriously start designing their non-Soviet fighter jets to match the West?

Someone out there in Beijing is quietly giggling to themselves as the entire aviation community of the Western world goes nutty speculating over grainy pictures of a strange looking aircraft!! :whistle:

Wouldn't we all have egg on our faces if it turned out to be a prop for a new movie?! :crying2:

On a serious note, when did China first seriously start designing their non-Soviet fighter jets to match the West?

20 years ago, with the J-10

Just out of curiosity, why does a Chinese fighter have big Russian stars on the tail?

Why does red star = russian star?

It is PLA star. For example:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/China---Air...-7GB/1684040/L/

Today it made high speed taxiing test, almost exactly one year after PAK FA.

27_77247_e222486a49b0737.jpg

Edited by Berkut
Thanks. I only recalled seeing it with the Chinese stars and bars.

No problem. :thumbsup:

One more pic, although there is other new ones. Someone is obviously taking high res shots... :explode:

j202812103.jpg

This thing really seems to match pretty well a publicly released artist rendering....

And again, those tails are almost identical to those used on the F-117 (guess they went with what they know how to do best, copy others' work)

chinese-raptor.jpg

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN

That rendering was done right after the first pictures started to leak. And yes, leak, because i believe someone is with purpose steering the leak. If they didn't want pictures to be posted, they would have been deleted in no time... ;)

That rendering was done right after the first pictures started to leak. And yes, leak, because i believe someone is with purpose steering the leak. If they didn't want pictures to be posted, they would have been deleted in no time... ;)

Interesting. Didn't know the rendering was done after the leaked pics came out.

Rob

Interesting. Didn't know the rendering was done after the leaked pics came out.

Rob

Another one. ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__rQoK9r_ycs/TRiR...39662_19988.jpg

And full version of the one posted by you, since i think cropping a pic to take away signature of the artist is lame. (i am not implying it was you)

j20painting.jpg

PS: My info and pics are so far from SP forum.

Edited by Berkut
(guess they went with what they know how to do best, copy others' work)

That's how almost all innovation works... take what's proven functional/effective/useful, and build on that. Reinvention of the wheel is counterproductive.

no...

So does anybody know for sure if it is real or a moke up or what?

I mean the F-23 was a real jet that flew... but where is it now!

There were two YF-23s built, one is at the USAF Museum and the other I believe is at the Northrop Museum in Southern California ...

It looks like this J-XX is real to me ....

Gregg

I dont the fact that it is real.... same as I have no doubt the F-23 is real...

But the F-23 isnt a service aircraft is it. and it never will be...

Is this Chinese jet the lastest in a line of "maybe" jets? or it is what will be?

Oh and the red star is Soviet, no Russian... it represents the Soviet ideal

I dont the fact that it is real.... same as I have no doubt the F-23 is real...

But the F-23 isnt a service aircraft is it. and it never will be...

Is this Chinese jet the lastest in a line of "maybe" jets? or it is what will be?

Oh and the red star is Soviet, no Russian... it represents the Soviet ideal

Oh, well you can put the X-32 and Lavi in that same boat ...

I'm not sure if China is supposed to have a fly-off between two competing designs or if this was selected over the other design already and this goes alone now into development ...

Gregg

Oh, well you can put the X-32 and Lavi in that same boat ...

I'm not sure if China is supposed to have a fly-off between two competing designs or if this was selected over the other design already and this goes alone now into development ...

Gregg

This could also be an experimental aircraft never intended for serial production and used to test new designs, like Have Blue.

I am proud of my country :woot.gif: :wub:

And you have every right to be proud. China has a rich history going back thousands of years and a rich culture full of tradition. It will be interesting to see what China becomes in 20 more years.