Italeri 1:48 Gr1 Tornado

704_3.jpg

img0196mt.jpg

So, my last Gulf War Tornado. Currently cutting plastic to fit aftermarket stuff.

Haven't decided on the decals or specific plane, but I will be using either Model Alliancesheet or the Superscale sheet.

Aftermarket sets include: paragon flaps/slats, fin correction, wheels, engine exhausts, ecm pods, fuel tanks, pylons, Neomega cockpit set,

Weapons load will be 2 Sidewinders, 2 JP233, 2 fuel tanks, 1 sky shadow, 1 boz-107

Edited by Benner
  • 2 weeks later...

took a break from working on the Bronco to work on this. Unfortunately, I put a nasty cut into my finger while cutting out a space for the APU exhaust.

rear fuselage is assembled, next step is to paint the neomega cockpit and continue cutting for aftermarket sets.

img0232pr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that you've started with brown colour - I always paint from lightest to darkest. Are you gonna be using Valleyo for Light Stone? A friend of mine that made the mix said he used 60% XF60 + 30% white + 10% some light grey.

and yeah, you're gonna beat me to it :P but most importantly - we're gonna both beat the deadline :whistle:

Interesting that you've started with brown colour - I always paint from lightest to darkest. Are you gonna be using Valleyo for Light Stone? A friend of mine that made the mix said he used 60% XF60 + 30% white + 10% some light grey.

and yeah, you're gonna beat me to it :thumbsup: but most importantly - we're gonna both beat the deadline :rolleyes:

I started wih the brown because I'm gong to try out British gulf armor light stone but it will take at least a week o get here and I didn't feel like waiting.

am waiting for paint to arrive for the camouflage so I'm working on other parts. Here's the JP233 dispensers from the Airfix Tornado kit; just need to flat coat them later.

img0316p.jpg

Shudders at the memory of loading them :D aweful things!!!!