'Hangar Queen' Diorama. 1/72 Scale

With that done, I loaded the model and camera into the car, and took a couple of mile drive to a country lane near by for some nice photos with a decent back ground. I've cropped the pictures a bit, and cloned out some stray dust spots and twigs, but other than that, they aren't adjusted.

fort211.jpg

fort216.jpg

fort233.jpg

fort240.jpg

fort236.jpg

Well, that's it, game over, all done, and I'm very happy with the finished result. A bit fiddly at times in 1/72 scale, but good practice for my 1/48 kits.

So, what next? Probably nothing immediately, but I have three 1/48 bombers in the 'to do' pile, a B-17, B-26 and B-29. The B-26 is the most likely candidate to be next on the bench.

Saweet!

I absolutely enjoyed reading and following along with this build. Something pretty cool indeed!

Any chance we can get a shot of the damaged waist up close? Looks superb!

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks guys. It was a fun build, though a little frustrating at times. I could have done more, ie detail on the firewalls etc, but I really don't have the time, hence missing the original group build deadline at the end of June.

• 1 month later...

This is what has been taking up all my building time! I'm a little addicted to it, so I'm finding it hard to put down and find time to pick the Fortress up!

quay140.jpg

quay142.jpg

quay143.jpg

Are those 1/350 scale? Looks good! I'm a ship guy too.

Your B-17 build looks fantastic too! I especially liked your technique to do the exhaust stains on the wings. I'd never even thought of doing it like that before. Thanks for sharing.