1/72 Me 264 'Amerika Bomber'

I present, for your approval, a few images of my latest project- Special Hobby's 1/72 Me 264.

IMG_1680.jpg

The kit has been modified from its original setup. The wingtips have been clipped about two inches and new wingtips were fabricated from laminated sheet styrene, the kit wings (while looking very pretty) being too long to represent the V1 prototype. Four BMW 801 radials were scavenged from a Revell Germany Ju 290, which allowed me to represent the prototype later in its life, 1944.

IMG_1697.jpg

Weathering was done with graphite. It's subtle, more durable than pastels, and easily removed if I made a mistake. I love it.

IMG_1685.jpg

I took quite a few more photos than these three. The reason I've only put these up here is because I'd like to submit it as a main article here on ARC, and I don't want to spoil EVERYTHING here. :thumbsup: Keep an eye out for that in the (hopeful) near future. In the meantime, this should be enough to tide you over.

Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...