• 3 weeks later...

Airfix 1/72 Alvis Saladin Mk 2

Ops Confrontation, Borneo 60's

DSC04182.jpg

DSC04185.jpg

add in new photos..I build a simple dio for my Saladin in operation during Confrontation in Broneo

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04384.jpg

DSC04382.jpg

I also completed the 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR19 for the Recce GB

DSC04394.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

DSC04390.jpg

Edited by masterqq
  • 1 month later...

Well I'm calling this one done. It's the older Ju-87B kit done in Hungarian Air Force markings. This represents a training craft operating out of Veszprem (my family's hometown), and had no guns mounted. The decals were from a small company called Kora, and they were tough to work with (especially getting them off the backing paper even after long soaks in hot water - tore a couple of them). I used the stencils from the kit. Only other problems were a short shot on one of the horizontal stab struts (not corrected as I was trying to actually complete a build), and some spitting by my airbrush during the final dullcoating which left spots on my finish. Here's the pics:

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Thanks for looking.

John

Edited by jgrease
  • 4 weeks later...

User Name: Dirkpitt289

Name: Dirk

Model: Airfix F-86

Scale: 1/72

Extras: OOB except for some minor Scratch building

The Huff, Flown by Lt Jim Thompson, 39th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, K-13 Suwon AB South Korea, June 1953

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

This was actually a fun kit to build. If only Airfix was to put this much effort into their other kits. Thanks to those that tagged along on this build and to those that allowed me to participate. ;-)