I hear ya about the weather, I'm stuck in this crap too. The kids are off of school, and I'm gonna work on my forts. I'm glasd I cleared the driveway yesterday, not as much ice today.

I cant find anything on that fort kris, I'll try some more digging later.

My driveway (the concrete part) is buried under almost 3 inches of ice. I tried to put a ton of salt down while it was warm this morning before the snow came. No dice. Now it's snowing and the 3 inches of ice is being covered by 3 inches of snow.

I give up.

I was already off work tonight so now that the wife's commitment has been canceled I plan to spend the evening in my basement away from everyone doing 17s.

The rain finally stopped and now the snow has begun. My neighbor's houses literally 100ft across the street keep disappearing.

I hate Ohio.

Feel your pain. Lived in Dayton 1969-1971. Was sitting in my bedroom, facing the street, building a model when I saw a wall of white coming, then the houses across the street disappeared, then the street and finally the front yard. Walked to school one day at -10 F, high for the day, -8F.

Weather is OK in Tennessee, but cold and I not building models because of a sinus infection - :wacko: sometimes I hate the southeast!

Jeff

Meanwhile here in Winnipeg it's.... oh screw it.

Yesterday morning had a wind chill of -44C (-47.2F) on my way to work... thing is, there's a stretch usually that get's colder. I remember being with the 2VP in Shilo (not two hours West of here), and running for PT in this weather... one time (a week before one of my deployments to the sand box) doing stupid exercises because some dumb *ssed 2nd Lt (or Major? Who cares... they were idiots) decided to do a winter indoc ex (usually 48 hours) for an entire week. Now we usually loved exercises, whether a couple days or a couple months, but this was just stupid... It was to the point weapons were breaking (return rod & spring on our C-6's (American M-60) shattering, C-7's and -9's freezing), if you spit, spilled, or took a leak, it was already ice by the time it touched the ground... smashing up the ice at the top of the deisel tanks for the ML's... what were we supposed to do? Spit on the enemy? Stab them with our frozen tears?

Thank God I saw the light and went airforce...

Hi my name is Kris and I'm a modelholic...

Just bought a 1/72nd Revell F. I'm sure it will be awful but I'll build it anyway. Not sure what aircraft yet.

Hopefully I'm going to get some paint on the parts I have prepared for the Forts I'm doing now. I'm going to do things differently in each as far as interiors. One I will do all aluminum on the inside and just have sparse things painted green. The other two I will do green up front and aluminum in back. The F I'm not going to spend a ton of time on the interior but I will be putting G parts in it and also G wings onto it. Idk why I never thought of that before so Jeremy I won't need that wing half from the F.

wait...you got another Fort to build?

We need to start FAA- Fortress Addicts Anonymous- for you.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to...buying more!

Yea I didn't have a 72nd scale one except for the crappy Airfix one I built probably 15 years ago.

I'll take pics next time I'm at my parents... so tomorrow.

I've been buying model kits like it was my job for the last 2 months.

My wife is worried.

LOL

Not this time, why?

I got the G because I can use the hobby lobby 40% off coupon, and pay less then $20 vs somewhere in the $40 range.

I thought they only sold the visible G at Hobby Lobby.

My wife got me a 50$ card for Christmas there. I ended up getting a few nice things.

Edited by Bigasshammm
Meanwhile here in Winnipeg it's.... oh screw it.

Somehow, I figured Mark wouldn't be too sympathetic to those of us whining down here in the States :jaw-dropping: . Don't know how those of you up north can stand it! I was in St Louis for the sleet Shawn described and now I'm back in Decatur where there is about 7 inches of ice/snow on the ground and it is snowing again. I am sick of it! And I see next week we are back in the single digits. C'mon springtime!!!!

We have our moments. Right now it's BEAUTIFUL outside. 3 degrees... everythings got a nice bit of melt to it, water everywhere... soon it'll freeze though, and that concerns myself along with many many others... Winnipeg will soon be a skating rink (then a swimming pool in the spring... it's going to be baaaaad).

I thought they only sold the visible G at Hobby Lobby.

My wife got me a 50$ card for Christmas there. I ended up getting a few nice things.

Nope, just the regular monogram G kit. I'd be happy with the visible one though. One can never have too many cheyenne turret parts.

Got a little work done today and the last few days.

Finished construction of the three cockpits and radio rooms. They are now ready for pait. Hoped to do that this weekend but was too busy.

Did some "plastic surgery" on one of my G fuselages to replicate the triple windows with no gun blister that the Duke of Paducah has. In doing so I cut up my spare mini fuselage half so therefore I will probably not be doing my mini fuselage build like planned. I already decided to take that cockpit out since I only had two complete G cockpits and want to use the G kit parts in my F. Basically the F will only be the F fuselage and nothing else.

This is where I'm at with the Duke's right fuselage. Needs filled and sanded but I think it will turn out great.

IMG_0802.jpg

Also I modified one half of the F fuselage to hold G wings. Is anyone else's F parts as brittle plastic as mine are? They break at the slightest over exertion. Oh well. Off to the pizza place for wings pizza n salad to watch the game in a couple hours.

Got the paint factory rolling earlier today.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

I'll be working on the little part painting while assembling the wings and such to break up the monotony. I'll paint the waists aluminum or some form of metalizer after I get the other interior bits in.

i left the waist in raw silver plastic and added a wash to the details..once closed up it looks the part.

Thought about it but I didn't paint the green neat enough. I wasn't going to paint th f fuselage at all but decided to in the end. I've got the full blown flu and feel like I'm dying so getting anything done is slow sledding.

Spent about 4 hours painting today with a trip to the LHS thrown in for some paint and more super glue.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

The middle cockpit is the one I painted earlier and will be using in one of my Gs. The other 2 I changed up my paint scheme a little following some of the things I've been reading on here.

Looks almost like the pictures of the old Boeing plant... hahaha... Wow, good on you. I'm sure you find it tedious (Now that ones done... phew... what a bit of effort... and now there's only... 2 more to do!).

Looking great man! Can't wait to see an "Apron" or "Taxiway" shot with the three of them lined up with each other.

Cheers!

Mark.

Not working on one at a time trying to do little parts of each with each different paint. That way they'll all get done about the same time. I plan to line them up in the driveway this summer. Hopefully tomorrow I can get those done then turn to the fuselage painting.

Took a pic of the old Airfix 17 I built years n years ago.

IMG_0818.jpg

It's been parked at the parent's hangar ever since.

I got 3 books in the mail yesterday. 2 Squadron books pretty much the same as all others and a third book that's like the definitive modeler's guide to a B-17. BUT ITS IN FREAKING JAPANESE! Still has some cool illustrations and parts diagrams and also has a 1/72 pull out line drawing poster. Will be helpful to rescribe the 1/72 F I just got. I may work on throwing it together here soon so I can sand it and get it ready for scribing. I won't spend hardly any time on the interior as it's just too small.

No time to do anything else when you've got 2 little girls running around and a wife.

ggrrrrrr