A Big Welcome to the Flying Fortress GB

Hello all!

Welcome to the Flying Fortress GB. I hope that you all enjoy this GB as much as I am and will be. The GB Officially starts on the 2nd of January, and runs until the 30th of June. The requirements to participate in this GB are fairly straight forward and simple:

1. You can build ANY B-17 variant, from the first Model 299 all the way to any B-17 we have seen over the years, whether a B-17D, Fortress III, Water Bomber, VIP transport, Mail Plane... well, you get the point. Any B-17 at all so long as it was a real bird (that includes display aircraft on a stand that may not have flown). If it's real, you can build it. To take this a little further, so long as it is a B-17 (Boeing 299, YB-17, Y1B-17, Y1B-17A, B-17B, C, D, E, F, G, H, SB-17G, or any varient in foreign hands (Fortress I, II, III... ect) under all the paint and decals, it's all good. That also includes the prototypes and concepts (such as the XB-38 (if anyone is brave enough), X & YB-40's), and so on.

2. You can build any scale, 1/144 to 1/24 if you dare, or any scale you so chose to build, it can be built alone or as part of a diorama with other aircraft as well.

3. You can build OOB or use all the aftermarket parts available. No limitations on the media, method or products used - that being said, it's obvious but I'll say it none the less - NO DIE CAST.

4. The build cannot be more than 25% complete by the start of the GB. So, if you just cracked the box, and are starting early, have an old kit you're tearing apart and rebuilding, or finally want to finish that build that's been sitting on the shelf for years, as long as it's no more than a quarter done, you're in!

5. You can join this GB at any point in the 6 months, so don't feel like you can't join because 2 Jan has come and gone, and last but not least,

6. You can build AS MANY of the famous birds as you want! No one here is limited to build just 1 model.

At the end of the day, I cannot stress enough about the idea of a good forum where we all help each other. Critiques of work, criticisms and pointers are welcome with a good bit of common sense and taste. ALL THE RULES OF ARC FORUMS APPLY TO THIS GB WITHOUT QUESTION.

There will be a raffle at the end of the GB on the 30th of June for prizes. To be entered into the raffle, all you need to do is complete your build. I will be posting up more information on the raffle shortly.

Moderators for the GB will be myself (Mark), as well as 100th BG (Karl). So, thanks again for taking part! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM either one of us.

Happy building,

Mark.

UPDATE

All the same rules apply, except that the GB has been extended to 31 December.

Cheers!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
  • 3 weeks later...