Hello folks,

I'll be keeping an updated list here as to who is building what, so post up what you are doing, give as much info as you want, and I'll keep updating the list as we go along. So far there's 39 of us with many more builds!

100th BG - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Mason and Dixon", 351st BS, 100th BG

100th BG - 1/72 Revell B-17G - Detour from the regular group build with the new Revell B-17G

Alex22 - 1/48 Revell B-17G - "Mason and Dixon", 351st BS, 100th BG

Army Air Force - 1/72 Airfix B-17G - "Hangar Queen" - Complete!

Army Air Force - 1/144 B-17 - Baby Hangar Queen

B-17Fan - 1/48 B-17 Kits (Revell & Monogram) - B-17G-20-BO "Shilaylee", 349th BS of the 'Bloody 100th' BG

B-17 Guy - 1/48 Revell B-17F + koster vac-form conversion kit - Conversion to B-17D "The Swoose"

B-17 Guy - 1/48 Revell Visible B-17G - Conversion to RAF Fortress III (100 Group)

BashAce - 1/48 Monogram B-17G + Decals & AM - B-17F-75-DL "Vonnie Gal", 572nd BS, 379th BG

Bigasshammm - 1/48 Monogram B-17G's - "Thunderbird" and others... - Complete!

Caudleryan - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - Complete Rebuild

Charlie Cheetah - 1/72 Academy B-17F - B-17F "Memphis Belle"

Chuck1945 - 1/72 Academy B-17C - Fortress I, 90 Sqn RAF

Crystoffer - 1/48 Monogram B-17F + AM - B-17F-25-DL "Double Trouble", 333rd BS, 94th BG

Daniel GM - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - Late model B-17G #337675, 532nd BS, 381st BG

Darren - 1/72 Revel B-17G + Lifelike Decals - B-17G "Tondalayo", 406th BS, 305th BG. - Complete!

Dirkpitt289 - 1/72 Academy B-17E - B-17E "Old 666"

FlyboyF18 - 1/72 Academy B-17F - RCAF Mail Plane '9202'

GooglyDoogly - 1/48 Revell B-17F - "My Devotion"

Ham - 1/72 Academy B-17B - 32nd BS, 19th BG, March Field, California, 1940

Kostucha - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Little Miss Mischief" Hangar Diorama

LeviathanMK3 - 1/72 Academy B-17F - B-17F "C-Cup" from the movie Memphis Belle

Marshalll Modeler - 1/72 Hasegawa B-17F Flying Fortress - Subject TBD

Matt S - kit TBD - Post War B-17G used by the secret squirrels at the CIA.

MLicari - 1/72 Academy B-17G + Paragon Conversion Set - PB-1W

Mungo1974 - 1/48 Revell/Monogram B-17G - To be determined...

OutHouseMouse - 1/48 Revell B-17G (Visible) + Aftermarker Sets - B-17G-10-BO (42-31235) "Goin' Dog", 544th BS, 384th BG

Phil Marchese - 1/72 Revell B-17F - B-17F-95-BO 94 BG "Idiots' Delight"

Phil Marchese - 1/72 B-17's from a variety of makers - B-17F-25-VE 381BG "Tinker Toy"

Pirate of the East - 1/72 Academy B-17G - B-17G OOB

Plane MC - 1/144 Minicraft Models B-17G - B-17G "Princess Pat", 358th BS, 303rd BG.

Ranger74 - 1/72 Rare Planes Y1B17/B-17A - Y1B-17

Ranger74 - 1/72 Rare Planes Model 299 - Model 299 Prototype

RCAF_100 - 1/72 Revell B-17G - RCAF Fortress 9203

RCBoater - 1/72 Academy B-17F - B-17F "My Devotion"

RightWinger26 - 1/48 Revell B-17F - Subject to be determined, but lots of detailing!

RobTMelvin - 1/72 Academy B-17F "Memphis Belle" - B-17F "Memphis Belle"

Shawn M - 1/48 Revell B-17G - Conversion to RAF Fortress III "Give It To Uncle" - Complete!

Snowy - Revell 1/72 B-17G - Subject TBD

Stefan_Buysse - 1/72 Revell B-17F - "Nine Little Yanks and a Jerk"

Strawberry Mivi - 1/72 Revell B-17G - "Tondalayo", 406th Night Leaflet Sqn Complete!

Strawberry Mivi - 1/72 Academy B-17F - Project Aphrodie 42-3338

ThePlasticSurgeon - 1/72 Academy B-17F - YB-40 Gunship 124341 - Complete!

TimC - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Wee Willie", 322nd BS, 91st BG

WymanV - 1/48 Revell B-17F + Paragon Conversion - B-17E Flying Fortress

Cheers!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha

I suppose I'm in with the new 72nd Revell B-17G I got for Christmas.

It'll be modified as RCAF Fortress 9204 (Ex-USAAF B-17F-50-DL 42-3369) since the nose window configuration is the same as the kit.

9204.jpg

:unsure:

Hi,

I plan to build the classic Revell 1/72 scale B-17F.

I'll probably build her as "Nine little yanks and a jerk" of the 351st BS of the 100th BG.

Cheers, Stefan.

Stefan,

That's great! "Nine Little Yanks and a Jerk" is a bomber I know I've seen some time ago - the picture of the nose art was pretty entertaining to say the least. Welcome aboard!

I suppose I'm in with the new 72nd Revell B-17G I got for Christmas.

It'll be modified as RCAF Fortress 9204 (Ex-USAAF B-17F-50-DL 42-3369) since the nose window configuration is the same as the kit.

9204.jpg

:lol:

RCAF Mail Plane!!! AWESOME!!! I'm really going to look forward to see this Canadian bird.

Cheers!

Mark.

I may not start for a while. I will be rebuilding my Monogram 1/48 B-17G. Complete strip down, clean up the seams, new paint, and new decals. I can't garuntee that it will be finished, but I'll try.

RYAN.

I'd love to know how you go about rebuilding a finished model. I have the Airfix 1/72 B-17 at my parents and it sucks. Wouldn't mind redoing it.

Thunderbird B-17G

Duke of Paducah B-17G

Tiger Girl B-17F

Also *possibly* a front half of a G fuselage done in bare metal and covered in various Nose Arts of 1/48th and 1/72nd scale. Send me your spares!

If not then I will just finish it with someone's spares from a sheet or whatever as a mini build.

Edited by Bigasshammm
I will be trying to build the original B-17, the Model 299, Rare Planes 1/72 kit & Y1B17/B-17A also by rare Planes with injected parts where needed

Jeff

YES!!! We've got someone doing a 299!!! Thanks Jeff for coming on board this GB Jeff, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your build.

Mark.

Wow!, a 299! That's pretty brave, and a Y1B-17A.......looking forward to seeing that. I cant wait to see all of these builds.

Me, I'll be doing a B-17D, which will be a converted revell B-17F. And a revell visible B-17G modified to a RAF fortress III by using the paragon conversion set and Kits at war decals for RAF 100 group.

I am planning to Build a fully detailed Late Monogram B-17G, with all the detailing accessories, except the True Details interior sets.

List of accessories planning to use:

BIGED 4873 B-17G Detail Set

Aires Engines X 4

Verlinden Detail Set

Flight Path PE Set

True Details Wheels

Squadrons Canopy Sets

And Some Scratch building of my own.

Happy Flying Fortress Modeling

Daniel GM

I might jump in on this group build. With several 17s in the pile, I'd like to build one that has several missions under its belt. I've also wanted to build an in flight display of a 17 with feathered engines and battle damage struggling to make it back to base. We'll see what I decide. Brian

Both sound very very good idea wise. Seeing a battle ridden B-17 would certainly be fitting of the condition that many did come home like... you know, come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen a "flight display" of a torn up bomber, just either a diorama of it or a stand alone model. that would certainly be fairly cool!

Which kit would you be using?

Cheers, and welcome aboard!

Edit: I stand corrected: Kelly Quirk did a great job with the Revell B-17F here

Edited by Kostucha

I remember many years ago...maybe around 1991... I think. I saw a 1/48 model of "All American" modelled in flight,this was the B-17F that was nearly torn in two after a midair with a German fighter. The guy who built it said to me he took some artistic licence with the damage,along with the nose art as he only had one very poor shot of the nose area. Sadly i no longer have the pics i took of it to share with you but it was a very impressive build. I think its quite hard to pull of the heavy battle damaged look correctly, i'm sure all us Fort fans are well aware of just torn up some planes got...and still made it home. But pulling it off in scale is much harder especially to the casual show vistor who would maybe think noway that real...unless you had photographic proof along side you model. I think some of you guys are mad just for trying these hanger queen dioramas...lol

Edited by mungo1974

I'm going to take the plunge and join you.

An Academy 'Memphis Belle' 1/72 will become JJ-T, Tondalayo of the 406th Night Leaflet squadron but it will have to wait a short while.

First I need to finish up a U2.

BUT that is waiting for my eyesight to return to near normal following laser surgery on my eyes.

Its still a little too blurry close up but give it a week and fingers crossed normal service will be resumed.

I want to do an example of the gloss black Fortresses that flew from RAF Cheddington and this is the only one with any nose art available in decal form.

(previous attempts at diy decals have always looked flaky)

Hello folks,

I`ll be keeping an updated list here as to who is building what, so post up what you are doing, give as much info as you want, and I`ll keep updating the list as we go along.

Kostucha - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Little Miss Mischief" Hangar Diorama

100th BG - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Mason and Dixon", 351st BS, 100th BG

theplasticsurgeon - 172 Academy B-17F - YB-40 Gunship

Bigasshammm - 1/48 Monogram B-17G's - "Thunderbird" and others...

Shawn M - 1/48 Revell B-17G - Conversion to RAF Fortress III

Army Air Force - 1/72 Airfix B-17G - "Hangar Queen"

caudleryan - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - Complete Rebuild

Stefan_Buysse - 1/72 Revell B-17F - "Nine Little Yanks and a Jerk"

RCAF_100 - 1/72 Revell B-17G - RCAF Fortress 9204

Ranger74 - 1/72 Rare Planes Model 299 & Y1B17/B-17A - Model 299 Prototype

WymanV - 1/48 Revell B-17F + Paragon Conversion - B-17E

Alex22 - 1/48 Revell B-17G - "Mason and Dixon"

Mungo1974 - 1/48 Revell/Monogram B-17G - To be determined

B-17 Guy - 1/48 Revell B-17F + koster vac-form conversion kit - Conversion to B-17D

B-17 Guy - 1/48 Revell Visible B-17G - Conversion to RAF Fortress III (100 Group)

Daniel GM - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - Late model B-17G with all the details

TimC - 1/48 Monogram B-17G - "Wee Willie", 322nd BS, 91st BG

Cheers!

Mark.

I posted on October 25 I'd join the build, being omitted and overlooked at the onset is not good. I'll pass.

I posted on October 25 I'd join the build, being omitted and overlooked at the onset is not good. I'll pass.

Really? I posted on the "B-17 Group Build" thread on December 27th that I'd join and I still had to post on this thread what I was building.

I didn't mind taking the few extra seconds to re-post on the actual GB sign-up thread.

It's not Mark's job to keep track of who was going to join the GB before it even started. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

By the way Mark can you change my entry on this thread to RCAF 9203 instead of 9204? Thanks.

:pray:

Edited by rcaf_100
Really? I posted on the "B-17 Group Build" thread on December 27th that I'd join and I still had to post on this thread what I was building.

I didn't mind taking the few extra seconds to re-post on the actual GB sign-up thread.

It's not Mark's job to keep track of who was going to join the GB before it even started. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

Exactly...

Wow... Ummm... wow. I was on the road the last few days, got home late last night and went to bed. So, my apologies for being absent the last few days.

The goal of this thread was not the "Official" 'who told me or us in the past what they were going to build'. Knowing that there would be a few folks who want to join this one as we went on, plus a good idea of who's building what was the sole goal of posting here. This was aimed at showing us the wide diversity of various B-17's being built, from the early Model 299 all the way to building bombers of more modern times, and everything in between.

I am sorry if you feel that you were overlooked. The list was being updated as people posted here what they were building. My intent was not to make anyone feel as though they were forgotten about.

By the way Mark can you change my entry on this thread to RCAF 9203 instead of 9204? Thanks.

:cheers:

Updated.

Just did another quick update with those who are building. I do apologize for missing you there for a bit, but you're all up on the list, and hyperlinked to your build thread for ease of surfing.

Happy building!

Mark.