I have a 1/72 Academy B-17 that I'm making into "Old 666". I had started some time ago and has been staring me down asking to be completed. Can I add it to the list? The farthest I got was to close up the fuselage but there is a ton of work left to do and I have plenty of photos of the build so far. Let me know.

Regards

Dirk

First off, welcome to ARC! If you feel that it's only 25% complete in the start, then yes, by all means! I'll add you to the list.

Cheers, and welcome aboard!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha

Hope its not too late to belly up to the table. Here's my official entry, Academy's 1/72 B-17F "Memphis Belle". Was gonna built it OOB til I realized there were some mods to make to do it corrctly. I will be using the kit decals, but no aftermarket.

Ill be going back and forth between the B-17 and my C-17 for the Canadian wings GB.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah
Hope its not too late to belly up to the table. Here's my official entry, Academy's 1/72 B-17F "Memphis Belle". Was gonna built it OOB til I realized there were some mods to make to do it corrctly. I will be using the kit decals, but no aftermarket.

Ill be going back and forth between the B-17 and my C-17 for the Canadian wings GB.

Never too late... well... 30 June is too late, but anytime before that is okay. Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

If its not too late to get in on this group build I'll sign up. While traveling on business yesterday I ran across an Academy 1/72 Memphis Belle and grabbed it up. After all, all work and no play ...... I'm planning on doing a pretty much straight OOB build with little or no after market PE or resin, though I may go for the resin engines and after market tires, not sure yet. I'm going to livery her as the Memphis Bell. I've been wanting to do a tribute build to the Belle ever since I got back into planes. I had the honor of meeting Col. Morgan at Mud Island when the Belle was on display there. He was kind enough to autograph a print I had of the Belle and told me that he and two other crew members, the co-pilot, Jim Venaris, and Cas Nastal, who flew left waist gun on one mission and went on the bond tour, would be at an air show just north of Memphis the next day. I stayed an extra day and went up to the air show and got the autographs of the other two crew members on the same print. That now hangs proudly in my office and I want to do this kit up to display with the print. I was thinking about doing the Revell 1/48 Memphis Belle, but this works better for me as far as space and the kit looks better than the Revell. Take a lot of after market to build that bare bones dinosaur into what I hope to achieve. So, if the sign up sheet for this build is still open, sign me up. This will be my first group build since I came back to modeling a couple of years ago.

Bob

Screw it - I'm in.

Post-WWII B-17G used by the CIA:

b17ciatop.jpg

Matt :bandhead2:

Sounds great Matt! Welcome aboard! What kit are you using?

If its not too late to get in on this group build I'll sign up. While traveling on business yesterday I ran across an Academy 1/72 Memphis Belle and grabbed it up. After all, all work and no play ...... I'm planning on doing a pretty much straight OOB build with little or no after market PE or resin, though I may go for the resin engines and after market tires, not sure yet. I'm going to livery her as the Memphis Bell. I've been wanting to do a tribute build to the Belle ever since I got back into planes. I had the honor of meeting Col. Morgan at Mud Island when the Belle was on display there. He was kind enough to autograph a print I had of the Belle and told me that he and two other crew members, the co-pilot, Jim Venaris, and Cas Nastal, who flew left waist gun on one mission and went on the bond tour, would be at an air show just north of Memphis the next day. I stayed an extra day and went up to the air show and got the autographs of the other two crew members on the same print. That now hangs proudly in my office and I want to do this kit up to display with the print. I was thinking about doing the Revell 1/48 Memphis Belle, but this works better for me as far as space and the kit looks better than the Revell. Take a lot of after market to build that bare bones dinosaur into what I hope to achieve. So, if the sign up sheet for this build is still open, sign me up. This will be my first group build since I came back to modeling a couple of years ago.

Bob

Bob,

Certainly not too late at all! Welcome back to the hobby, and to your first GB! I hope you enjoy it, and I - like many others - look forward to seeing your work on the Belle,

Cheers!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
  • 3 weeks later...
Well! We're at 35 different builds for this GB! AWESOME WORK EVERYONE!

Can't wait to see the display pictures start showing off these incredible builds we've got going on.

Cheers,

Mark.

I wouldn't go as far to say everyone.......not touched my Fort since the first day of the GB.

Definately must try harder....lol

Well when this was first proposed I said I would be in with a 168 Sqn. -17 so on start day I went looking for the kit, Academy B-17F, and I couldn't find it!!!! Finally found the kit buried under a bunch of Herc kits, but now I'm confused by seeing the cheek gun windows in RCAF Guy's posts?? So I guess at least 9204 and possibly 9203 were very late Fs with those added?

I'm working on the kit but the cheek gun thing has me going a bit slowly.....

• 2 weeks later...
Shawn,

Want to come to the Dark Side of 1/72nd? I have a B-17F kit waiting for someone to build........Brahahahahaha

Jeff

Which kit?

I've got "The Witch's T.t" that I could still build on these decals I have.

What's 5 B-17s?

MORE!

OK, I need a new GB to join to push me to finish another project. I will be doing a B-17F/G from the 379th BG, which if it gets finished will be on display in the flight planning room for the current 379th. Subject will be the Monogram 1/48 B-17G, markings for "Vonnie Gal" from Kits-World decals, various aftermarket parts and PE may/will be used as needed.

OK, I need a new GB to join to push me to finish another project. I will be doing a B-17F/G from the 379th BG, which if it gets finished will be on display in the flight planning room for the current 379th. Subject will be the Monogram 1/48 B-17G, markings for "Vonnie Gal" from Kits-World decals, various aftermarket parts and PE may/will be used as needed.

Now that is very cool! Welcome to the build and we are looking forward to your work!