From the 333rd!

I'm excited. Very, very excited. And overjoyed at the incredible amounts of participation in this group build! Just goes to show what a soft spot she has with us aviation/model buffs!

Cheers,

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

People are just going Flying Fortress mad around here. :coolio: I'm thinking of tossing another fort into the mix myself. I just got back from my LHS today with these in tow.

AC2143.jpg

and this one

RR4283.jpg

The revell kit is for a later build. The subjects I'm thinking about for right now are between a B-17E called Phyllis from the 340th BS/ 97th BG. I already have an Academy 1/72 kit for this. The other option would be a B-17G formally from the 509th BS/ 351st BG called Lucky Strike which is what the Academy G was purchased for.

Humm decisions decisions...

You know the group build is going so well with close to 40 participants I wouldn't be upset if a decision was made to extend this for a longer period of time. :banana:

People are just going Flying Fortress mad around here. :woot.gif: I'm thinking of tossing another fort into the mix myself. I just got back from my LHS today with these in tow.

AC2143.jpg

and this one

RR4283.jpg

The revell kit is for a later build. The subjects I'm thinking about for right now are between a B-17E called Phyllis from the 340th BS/ 97th BG. I already have an Academy 1/72 kit for this. The other option would be a B-17G formally from the 509th BS/ 351st BG called Lucky Strike which is what the Academy G was purchased for.

Humm decisions decisions...

You know the group build is going so well with close to 40 participants I wouldn't be upset if a decision was made to extend this for a longer period of time. :whistle:

Build them both. It's really not that hard if you do them at the same time. You just do double of everything!

Build them both. It's really not that hard if you do them at the same time. You just do double of everything!

I'm sure I could but I still have other projects that I'm building and I want to enjoy them as I go. I don't want it to become a race or a Blitzbeau. For me modeling is to be savored and enjoyed through out the process. ;)

Looks like I screwed the pooch on this one. I had decided on building Phyllis but as it turns out I don't have a E model in my stash. :coolio: I was confused with the F kit but not being short on ideas I switched my plan from Phyllis to the Green Hornet. Stay tuned

Edited by Dirkpitt289
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Mark and Karl,

May I enter with my Hasegawa B-17F flying fortress? I have painted the inside of the fuselage and partially painted the tops and bottoms of the wings and tails....still a long way to go.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd495/marshalll_modeler/Fortress%20B-17/100_3013.jpg

Thanks

Steve

I say yes.

Hope you get in. The more the merrier at this point.

K

Oh and welcome to ARC!

Edited by Bigasshammm

Yes, welcome to ARC!

And by all means, welcome to the Flying Fortress GB! I know that I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing your build come along!

Cheers,

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Is it too late to join the group build? I have a wrecked Monogram B-17G which is currently in half with no interior and no tail (I'm trying to figure if that counts as less then 25% complete!) I can upload pictures of the wreck tonight!

Thanks,

Jotter

Well i guess i'm out....never really got going thanks to work/family commitments,and theres zero chance of it now before the deadline.

Just wanted to say awesome job by those who did finish...

Atleast i do now have my decals for Topper/Ol'Gappy,so somewhere down the line it will get built!

Roll on the P-51 GB....i may actually get to glue some plastic for that one!

ATB,

Gary

That's a shame, but completely understandable (I'm very much in the same boat). I've requested an extension, waiting on the reply though, so, I'm hoping we don't all start callin' 'er done just yet.

Mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Am I too late to join in on this group build? There are still just over 4 months left by my reckoning. :)

I have an Academy 1/72 B-17F Memphis Belle I'd like to build, and this GB seems like an ideal opportunity to get some fantastic info while joining in on a really great subject GB.

Wayne

Am I too late to join in on this group build? There are still just over 4 months left by my reckoning. :)

I have an Academy 1/72 B-17F Memphis Belle I'd like to build, and this GB seems like an ideal opportunity to get some fantastic info while joining in on a really great subject GB.

Wayne

Do it!

Welcome to the BAH GB I mean Fortress GB.

lol