Folks,

Here's a quick blurb on the raffle. Fairly simple, at the end of the GB, on June 30th, those who have a completed entry will be entered into a raffle for various prizes. Each completed entry will give you one more entry into the raffle. It is going to be based on the honour system, in that if anyone here offeres a prize for the raffle, it is up to that member and the prize winner to get in touch with each other to finalize mailing/postage arrangements.

I will soon have an updated list of the raffle prizes posted up here. If you have something you're willing to offer up for the raffle, please PM me and we will add your name and item to the list of prizes.

Cheers!

Mark.

UPDATE

As the GB had been extended we've had a halfway raffle. The remainder will be raffled off at the end of the GB, on the 31st (or shortly there after). Cheers!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha

Raffle Prizes, Contributors, and other information:

Bill at CanMilAir is donating his RCAF 168 Sqn Fortress I/II decal set in 1:144, 1:72 and 1:48!

Two Bobs at Two Bobs Aviation Graphics has kindly contributed any set of decals offered by Two Bobs in any scale!

Ranger74 has contributed Squadron/Signals publication "Pride of Seattle, The Story of the First 300 B-17F's" by Steve Birdsall, AND the limited run Meikraft Models - 1/72 Aeronica G-1 Glide Bomb! Thank you for your contribution.

Ron (BashAce) has graciously contributed a $100 give certificate at Sprue Brothers! Thank you Ron!

Deacon has graciously donated a Tamiya 1/48 P51-D Mustang & Staff car. The Little Friend is a welcome addition to the raffle prize list! Thank you very much!

I'm offering these up as raffle prizes as well:

AM Items:

-Eduard Express Mask XF 098 - P-61 Black Widow for the 1/48 Monogram Kit... ahhhh, what a classic kit.

Books:

-Osprey Modelling - "Modelling the F4U Corsair"

-Osprey Modelling - "Modelling the A6M Zero"

-Militaria In Detail - "Messerschmitt Bf 109G in Detail"

-Classic Colours - "Stuka Vol. I, Luftwaffe Ju 87 Dive-Bomber Units 1939-1941"

-Osprey Combat Aircraft 1 - "Junkers Ju 87, Stukageschwader 1937-41"

-Schiffer Military History Book - "Ju 87 Stuka Vol. 2"

Edited by Kostucha
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark, et al,

I have another raffle prize. I am in the process of thinning the herd of kits and that includes only building B-17s up to the D-model. SO, I am offering a limited run kit that builds two GB-1 Glide Bombs, with I believe the mounts to attached to a B-17 as below

B-17withGB-1GlideBombs.jpg

Here is the kit, sorry it is 1/72, but someone that builds 1/48 could use them to make a fairly easy scratch build:

GB-12.jpg

GB-11.jpg

Jeff

Jeff,

That little thing is friggin cool! Thanks for your contribution!

Cheers,

Mark.

Thought someone would like it! It is neat and i would really like to build a B-17 with them mounted, but I am 57 and have a b*tt-load of 'tween wars US Army & Navy aircraft kits and M113, M-60, (vehicles I operated on active duty), etc, kits to build. Hate to have it still hanging around when I go off to the big hobby-shop in the sky B)

Jeff

Hi guys.

Firstly I am thoroughly enjoying this GB and there are some truly wonderful builds on here. I do hope to take part, but have over commited to other GB's, we'll see.

Anyhow, I'd like to donate Tamiya's 1:48 P51-D Mustang & Staff car. I thought a 'Little Friend'

kit would go well with someones Fortress.

Cheers

Deacon

Hi guys.

Firstly I am thoroughly enjoying this GB and there are some truly wonderful builds on here. I do hope to take part, but have over commited to other GB's, we'll see.

Anyhow, I'd like to donate Tamiya's 1:48 P51-D Mustang & Staff car. I thought a 'Little Friend'

kit would go well with someones Fortress.

Cheers

Deacon

Deacon,

Thank you good Sir! Hopefully we do get to see some of your work!

As for the Mustang donation... Excellent! I can't wait to get this kit in my stash add it to the list. This would be a perfect addition to my work bench the raffle list. We'll keep this hush-hush add this to the list.

Cheers!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update to my list. There's a couple books added, and a couple replaced (by those added). I'm also cleaning off the shelves, and I'm thinking there may be one or two kits that make it onto this raffle as well.

Just curious to know, so that it's completely transparent, would anyone be interested in running the raffle?

Cheers,

Mark.

Just a quick update to my list. There's a couple books added, and a couple replaced (by those added). I'm also cleaning off the shelves, and I'm thinking there may be one or two kits that make it onto this raffle as well.

Just curious to know, so that it's completely transparent, would anyone be interested in running the raffle?

Cheers,

Mark.

PM me details and I could probably do it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kick in the butt!

Details of the draw in accordance with the poll will be posted up later on today. I think I've got a good way of showing just how the winners will be picked.

Cheers!

Mark.

Well folks,

Here are the Raffle Results! (With the video of how they were picked to follow soon, either tonight, or tomorrow):

Shawn M - The Tamiya 1/48 P-51D Mustang & Staff Car, donated to the raffle by Deacon

Darren - RCAF 168 Squadron Fortress I & II Decals from Bill at CanMilAir (Darren, you have the choice of 1/144, 1/72 or 1/48, fire me a PM as to which one you want, and we'll get the ball rolling)

Tim - Ospray Modelling the F4U Corsair. PM Me your addy, and we'll get this going as well

BigAssHammm - Two Bobs Aviation Graphics Any Set of Decals Offered in Any Scale (PM me with your choice and we'll get the ball rolling on this one ASAP), and last but not least

Strawberry Mivi - Prize from Ranger74. He offered up two prizes, but I'll PM him and ask if it was either the book "Pride of Seattle - The Story of the First 300 B-17's", the Meikraft Models - 1/72 Aeronica G-1 Glide Bomb, or both. Once I know, I'll get back to you ASAP.

Cheers all!

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
Horrid Spelling

Sweet congrats to all for some great builds!

Hey guys, you forgot to add the $100 SB gift certificate to the drawing. Let me know who wins it so that I may get their info for the certificate.

Ron

Hey guys, you forgot to add the $100 SB gift certificate to the drawing. Let me know who wins it so that I may get their info for the certificate.

Ron

I think that's being held till the end of the year for the BIG raffle since the GB was extended.

Everything was open, including the gift certificate, but as it happened, all prizes were drawn out from a hat, the only thing that was 'controlled' if you will, was the order of the winners based on the date the Fort(s) were completed.

Cheers,

Mark.

Wow, guess I missed the GB extension memo. Had a short deployment to Iraq which put my build on the back burner, would be great to have more time to get her in as a finished build.

• 4 weeks later...

OK fellow GB'ers, in addition to the $100 SB gift certificate, I am going to offer up as a prize an American flag that has been flown in combat by a B-1B over Afghanistan. The flag will include an official mission document and have a dedication on it that reads:

"In Honor of the brave crews who flew the Flying Fortress into battle (The Flying Fortress GB 2011)"

Would make a great addition to your B-17 display.

Ron