Mine will be non regulation, and therefore ineligible, but still going to jump in with the gang

Sons and model kits go together, so to honor my newborn son, and the fact that he is dads little monkey boy, I will be building up a B-17 with a monkey in some shape form or fashion as the nose art.

If time permits, I will also build a real badged clear B-17

You can jump in with us by all means. Congradulations on your newly arrived bundle of joy. I'm looking at my 2 year old son bossing the dogs around as I type. I'm not 100% on this one - a few of the guys here might be able to dig up a Monkey used as nose art on a B-17. Either way though, do share what's on the go with the build.

Hopefully we get to see a Clear B-17 from you as well!

Mark.

As long as the build is a true B-17 in shape and form I don't think coming up with your own nose art or anything is a problem. Think of it as what you would have put on your plane during the war. That could be it's own category right there.

anyone know anything about this jacket art?

post-3435-1216020067.jpg

Thinking I may have a winner here, sorry for the poor quality, best I could find

Just guessing but from the design of it I'm thinking that's a fighter's jacket.

Maybe P-51 or P-40 or something.

Idk why I think that but it's a feeling I have.

Looks like a Monkey to me... I'm thinking that of all the bombers that flew with their nose art being as unique and varied as we've seen already, there must have been a bomber out there somewhere with a Monkey on it.

Don't be too jealous, you get to building and remember you left a certain color, tool or other implement, the box I carry seems to get bigger every time!

On to the pictures: I have them drying right now, so not moving them, but I thought I would throw in a couple of the fort, and a couple of the other two projects I am working on

SDC11567.jpg

Some interior details here, but noting really added, in fact I have left some things out, as I will be building a clear version, and that one will be packed

SDC11568.jpg

Same here, I can see fitting issues, and where I willl have to do major portions of scratchbuilding on the clear fort

VF-84 Jolly Roger, slowly but surely getting there

SDC11569.jpg

My F-15, from Eglin, where I lived as an Air Force brat for many years

SDC11570.jpg

and of course in the background, some of my textbooks. Most expensive shelf in the house, probably around $3000.00 in books just on that one shelf alone

Most expensive shelf in the house, probably around $3000.00 in books just on that one shelf alone

Hey, can you look me up in the DSM IV, I have a disorder of stashing boxes of plastic in secretative alcoves.

If it helps, I use old tea bag boxes, insideout Pizza boxes, shoe boxes... its a cardboard thing too. And plastic packaging, and cocktail straws and...

Edited by Phil marchese
It is called modelitus hordious

The only cure is to mail me said plastic containing boxes immediately!

Wow, you know, I'm no expert, but it sounds like his case is a bad one. Listen, we're in this together, we're all here for each other, so if sending me a box containing a lot of plastic can help lift the load off you as well, I'm willing to take one for the team.

Father Son project!!! That is just awesome! My little guy's only 2, but he's already captivated by aircraft. I believe I've done well in making him biased towards aircraft... someday soon I'll be getting him into the models as my dad did with me... but well done Sir! Nothing better than a couple of Father & Son builds. Thanks!

Mark.

Father Son project!!! That is just awesome! My little guy's only 2, but he's already captivated by aircraft. I believe I've done well in making him biased towards aircraft... someday soon I'll be getting him into the models as my dad did with me... but well done Sir! Nothing better than a couple of Father & Son builds. Thanks!

Mark.

You don't have to have a son to get them into aircraft! I have 2 little girls with my oldest being almost 3. We took her to the Thunder Over Michigan airshow back in August and she loved it. Every time she hears an airplane outside she runs to the window. I have infected her!

"Hmmm I think I see an airplane over there."

DSCN1908.jpg

Name that airplane gear!

RSCN1927.jpg