Terrible eBay experience avoid hatterns00

Sold this person a number of kits, about 2 weeks after he got them, I received an email claiming one was "defective" and he wanted to know what I would do about it. He wouldn't return it, instead went to eBay claiming it was not as described. I told eBay if he returned it, and after inspection, I'd refund his money. Instead eBay dips right into my PayPal account and gave this thief his money back. Now he has a supposedly "defective" kit plus his money. Why would you keep a "defective" item if it is such an issue? Well either way, I am out the cash and the money.

Just shows that Scrooge is alive and well in 2010.

As for Nathan Stevens of Laramie, WY, you can expect a big lump of coal next Christmas.

Edited by Luftwaffe nut
  • 2 weeks later...

#%&* that eBay.

When I bought some stuff I had a problem. The seller claimed there were 50 units in the box. There were 34.

eBay agreed with seller who said he would only refund $$ if I paid to ship the whole lot back - and this was AFTER he admitted he had only put 34 units in!

Jerks, the lot of them.

I have vowed never to use ebay again due to being ripped off. I sent a n gauge trainset 100% working order like new. Then seller said it would not work so i offered a refund and when i got the model back the cheeky *****r had taken the motor out of the engine. After lots of arguing with paypal i eventually got the money back for what had happened. MY advice is this if its a working model take videos of it working and keep a record. Model kits take photos of all the sprues with parts on and images of the model if bags are sealed. It all helps when the buyer tries to rip you off

Instead eBay dips right into my PayPal account and gave this thief his money back.

:whistle: Aw, that's totally outrageous! Whut sorta right has bloody PayPal got to rule in favour of a crook who's not even had the decency of returnin' a so-called "defective" kit to ya? Whut proof did PayPal have in order to dip into yer money like that? Just 'cause the buyer says "defective"?

Now he has a supposedly "defective" kit plus his money. Why would you keep a "defective" item if it is such an issue? Well either way, I am out the cash and the money.

Were I ya, ('n' short of trippin' all the way to Wyoming just to kick one Nathan Steven's saggin' arse), I think I'd make a lota fuss on evilbay 'bout a supposedly "defective" kit not havin' been returned by a bloody crook... :monkeydance: Mate, I'm truly sorry to have learnt 'bout this.

eBay agreed with seller who said he would only refund $$ if I paid to ship the whole lot back - and this was AFTER he admitted he had only put 34 units in!

Heh! See whut my point is? The add says 50 units 'n' this bloke receives 34... Then, he's got to pay some extra quid in order to ship the whole lot back to a friggin' crook who admitted his dirty deeds afterwards? Gee...!!!

Then seller said it would not work so i offered a refund and when i got the model back the cheeky *****r had taken the motor out of the engine.

:lol: Oh, lad... sumthin' is awfully wrong with evilbay. I couldn't deal with any of this the way ya're doin' it, y'know. I personally ne'er liked evilbay 'cause of those who take advantage of the fact that they're sellin' an item which is OOP, rare or difficult to get 'n' so they'll charge ya with a utterly inconceivable price, even if it's a tiny piece of resin! Now, this is a completely different matter, which gives me yet another reason not to go to evilbay.

Cheers, fellas.

Unc²

Oh, it gets better. I gave the rotten seller the feedback he deserved. (He'd already left me positive and couldn't change it, har har har). Anyway, he contacts me and offers to refund me half if I change my feedback from negative to positive.

So I dimed him to eBay, as this is strictly against the rules. Dipwad went bye-bye.

I am taking a break from eBay as well after my "episode". I tried speaking with an eBay representative and for all it was worth, I may as well been banging my head against a wall. At least it would have felt better when I stopped! LOL. That was an hour of my life I will not get back.

I am hoping that Steve gets his version of the "ARC eBay alternative" up and going soon.

Anyway, he contacts me and offers to refund me half if I change my feedback from negative to positive.

:blink: Refund ya half...??? Mate, to me that pretty much sounds as though a great white would offer to regurgitate one of my legs if I tell the lifeguards it was just an unfortunate accident that the critter had chopped both my legs 'n' my surfboard off... :wub: Ya've got to picture the underwater scene; the sorrowfull shark, talkin' to me, almost bled to death, makin' a helluva lota bubbles as he speak, in a blood-drenched sea. No fun... :wub:

However, it's a blast to have learnt ya've gotten rid of the lousy crook. :)

I am taking a break from eBay as well after my "episode".

Whut was yer episode like, Mighty Kohona, bloke?

Beware the evilbay, lads.

Unc²

Seems to be that this little maggot knew exactly how to use a gap:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...ection_policies

question comes up why paypal obviously keeps or even "hosts" those gaps - I think - in this case - they just follow a "buyer comes first" policy, because as a seller you can rip off hundreds of buyers in a fraction of the time it would need to rip off one seller as a buyer - which is not meant as an excuse here at all! they should be able to follow a case to case treatment.

Hopefully someone will kick them off their monopoly position - ebay + paypal are a case for the AMO.

personally I've been ripped off once in the way that the buyer did not pay, and I payed fees for nothing - but the majority of deals were good.

I've sold very few stuff though. Maybe sticking to buying rather than selling is a good idea.

good communication is a positive indication for a good seller/buyer and if - as a seller - a winning bidder has (some) negative feedback you can offer the item to the second or third highest bid - a different, often more reliable buyer - much better off with a minor loss.

rg

mart

• 4 months later...