Chinese New J-20 (Classfied) fighter on internet

I just saw a few pictures off the Chinese internet (pictures have been pulled) of the new Classfied J-20 fighter that looks alot like the new Russian Sukhoi design that is being tested. I saw these pictures on the "www.strstergypage.com" -new on the page section. They look like they were taken with a phone camera, Very interesting.

Tex

Militaryphotos.com have a thread going in the general section with lots of interesting photos. Plus you get some amusing back and forth between people who say it is fake and others who say it is real. Even more amusing are the few that proclaim this superior to the F-22 and PAK-FA based on grainy photos

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...on-December-5th.

" made in China" ?

By conviction I really doubt Chinese doing such class of aircraft, unless They copy it

and every copy is not superior to the original one.

Well maybe They are thinking about discardable aircrafts ?

By the other side I really do not access ANY chinese site and do not recommend

anyone to make that.

SouthViper

PS- I am not xenophobic.

^^ I will comment on the above.

Chinese products = junk may have been true for everything 20 years ago, but isn't true anymore.

Yes, a lot of what they export is cheap crap. Why? That's what they're being paid to make.

I lived in China for a year, and while a lot of stuff for sale is still cheap junk (not that it's any better for stuff made here), there's a lot of stuff that is of a high quality. Indeed, I occasionally got the impression that they keep the good stuff themselves, and sell the crap overseas...

As for the J-20 or whatever it's called: I fully expect that the Chinese will actively deploy a 5th generation fighter before the Russians do, and that in 10-15 years, Chinese aerospace will have pulled firmly ahead of Russian.

Would this still be classified to us? Would it be okay to post on facebook?

Sure....these pics are leaked out on multiple forums. The cats out of the bag, although if the Chinese come knocking at your door don't blame me :thumbsup:

Looks like Congress needs to wake up and kick production into high gear.

By production, I hope you mean AWACS with radar that can see these things (if, in fact, current AWACS can't see it, which we don't know at this juncture given that it hasn't even flown yet and it's just a prototype). Just because F-22's are stealthy doesn't mean they are any better at fighting stealthy things than any other aircraft.

I just saw a few pictures off the Chinese internet (pictures have been pulled) of the new Classfied J-20 fighter that looks alot like the new Russian Sukhoi design that is being tested.

It looks nothing at all like the PAK-FA. Maybe an amalgam of F-22 front end and MiG MFI rear end, but that's about it.

It would seem that the Chinese Government's hacking of the F-35 design information was productive. In the grainy photos show that the nose and front fuselage are almost identical to the JSF...

The front fuselage reminds me more of a deepened F-22 front fuse. Where did you hear about the Chinese hacking F-35 data?

Edited by MiG31

NEWSFLASH - the Chinese have been building hi-tech aircraft for decades.

One would think have gotten fairly good at it, by now. Think about it, almost any aspect of a modern aircraft in development is hashed out on the internet almost before the lights are turned out at the factory.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to take a summary of the technologies others have developed, build your own concepts from that and create an aircraft from it. You don't have to be revolutionary - evolutionary is enough.

Especially when you have an *** of "new money," and a government that isn't afraid to spend it on such things.

When it flies, I'll be impressed. Maybe.

Until then, all we've seen is an overgrown model on a tarmac somewhere.**

** Google Operation Fortitude.

Edited by dahut

Looks nothing like the F-35, as mentioned. It's about the size of a house!

Looks more like a cross between a MiG-31 Foxbat and a YF-23. It's not all that sleek. It doesn't look very much like either the F-22 or the F-35. It's probably been in the works for 10+ years now and this is just the first time you've been allowed to see it.

China likes to brag. They like to posture. They control their Internet an their media at a state level.

It's a 100% given that they allowed (or commanded) these pictures to be released.

I don't think this fighter is based on stolen F-35 data. After all, from what we've seen so far, the J-20 seems to be on time, on budget, and ready to fly.

Surely you would not be posting a troll-ish message so I assume you have some inside info that no one else does.

Given your above post, can you please tell us what the production schedule is, what the budget for the program is and the date of the first flight?

Or are you just posting BS?