b-52d AM decals?

Over all, the markings on the "D" models were pretty basic and few. You can get away with the national emblems, and tail numbers as well as the last three numbers on the nose near the radome. The S.A.C. badge was sometimes used but not all the time. About the only exception would be the well known sharkmouth flown out of Guam and a few from early in the war.

Here's a few examples:

scan0264.jpg

scan0263.jpg

scan0272.jpg

scan0265.jpg

scan0239.jpg

scan0219.jpg

scan0223.jpg

And don't forget the white/yellow colored reflective tape that runs down the outside of the wing tanks from tip to tip.

I know cutting edge put some out, but has anyone else? Buffmaster over at Greatmodels only does the NB-52 markings and I'm wanting one of the camo birds from Vietnam.

John

Hey John,

I have an extra set of the sharkmouth decals from the Revell kit if you want them. PM me and I'll see if we can work something out. Catch me soon though as I will be going out of town for a month to work on Monday.

Take Care,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

I would be interested in finding 1:72 markings for a pre-Vietnam B-52D, preferably one of the aluminum, black-nosed schemes.

Closest I've seen is an old Microscale sheet for a 7 BW B-52C, and the brand new WolfPak sheet (72-039) with options for 96 BW or 17 BW B-52E.

Jonah

True, though for me it's the satisfaction of doing a pre-SEA Delta. They were also the most produced of the tall-tail variants.

On the other hand, does the E on the Wolfpak sheet represent a Wichita-built B-52?

On the other hand, does the E on the Wolfpak sheet represent a Wichita-built B-52?

There are actually options for two B-52Es on the sheet. According to the instructions the Wright-Patterson jet was built in Seattle, while the Dyess jet was built in Wichita.

Cheers,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis the peasant