Boeing 767-400ER Conversion

i have had a Zvezda Boeing 767-300 in my stock for quite a while , when i ordered a set of decals last week through drawdecals he sent me the wrong set and i ended up with this set below instead of the Delta Skyteam one which was meant for the 767-400 i already have painted up

DELTABREASTCANCER.jpg

so that got me decided on starting another 767-400ER conversion , last time i used the Braz Models conversion , but this time im going for the cheaper option using pieces of plastic pipe that fit inside the fuselage to make the extensions

i needed to add 24mm in front of the wing and 21.5mm behind the wing onto those lengths i added 30mm so i have 15mm either side to push inside the fuselage i found 1" PVC pipe to be perfect for the job

the two pieces of PVC pipe cut and ready

SH104074.jpg

i first laid them inside the fuselage to see what kind of a fit they were

SH104073.jpg

the nose section with the first plug in position

SH104075.jpg

i now have to glue up the sections and line them up , then fill the gaps with milliput and sand them flush, i also need to get some raked Wingtips made for the wings

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A GOOD PAINT MATCH FOR THIS PINK PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS

More to follow

Richard

Edited by RICH W

managed to get the fuselage built back up today using the extension plugs

front nose section now attached to central section of Fuselage

SH104076.jpg

The whole 767-400 glued back together just needs the gaps filling now and sanding back flush and also the windows skimming over with some filler , i did blank some of the windows off using the clear parts that Zvezda provide had to leave some out near the joins otherwise the pipe would not fit inside the fuselage

SH104077.jpg

I actually like the way Zvezda do the wings cause it enables you to line the fuselage up more accuratly when gluing the fuselage back up cause you can have the wings clipped in place when glueing

Richard

Got the raked wingtips made this week from a template i already had

SH104103.jpg

these are the finished tips cut out of 2mm thick Stainless steel sheet made them thinner than the thickness of the wing so i could fill them and sand them back flush to the wing

SH104106.jpg

i then attached them to the ends of the wings using loctite super glue

SH104107.jpg

closer view of the tips attached and sanded back

SH104109.jpg

SH104108.jpg

i have also sanded back the filler on the front fuselage plug to make it flush to the rest of the fuselage

SH104110.jpg

got the back one to do now

more to follow Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi

i have got a bit more work done on the 767-400ER over the past couple of weeks

given it a coat of white paint and had to add a bit more filler in places hopefully the next coat of white should be the last

Boeing767-400ER-1.jpg

Boeing767-400ER-2.jpg

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished painting the fuselage now

attached some of the landing gear today i have to say they Zvezda Landing gear seems to be a lot easier to attach than the Revell

Boeing767-400ER4.jpg

Ordered the decals from Drawdecal the other day along with the Delta Skyteam 767-400 so i can finish that one i have had built nearly 2 years with no livery on

Richard

• 1 month later...

Just got my new set of Drawdecals United 767-400ER decals after totally messing the first set up just about finished doing the right side

the reason for the gold stripe not meeting is cause there was not enough supplied with the decal set i have informed Greg at Drawdecal and he has allowed more gold stripe on the new set

Boeing767-400ER-6.jpg

Boeing767-400ER-7.jpg

Right side just about finished

Boeing767-400ER-5.jpg

more to follow

Richard

Just fantastic, Rich ... :thumbsup:

I always enjoy checking out your Build Threads ... Thanks So Much ... :worship:

Gregg

Hi Gregg

keep a look out for my 757-300 post i will be starting that very soon as soon as i get hold of a minicraft 757 kit

Richard

• 1 month later...