B-17G - Mason and Dixon 1/48

100thBG10.jpg

Hi all,

Yes a 2nd Mason and Dixon. I've just noticed 100BG is going to build it too. I hope you don't mind because this is the one B-17G I've been looking to build for years.

I got the last needed stuff this morning from Hannants so I'm all set for it.

002-800.jpg

001-800.jpg

000-800.jpg

The amount of work looks huge and I'll be building a few other "simple" kids along to have something else to relax on when the Fort is taking my patience away...

Alex

Welcome aboard Alex!

A lot of that "shtuff" in the second picture looks really familiar. A lot of the reference books you've got do not... that's one heck of a collection you've got. I take it you're planning on opening up the bomb bay as well?

Cheers!

Mark.

Hi all,

After starting 2011 sick with a bad flue I'm back at work.

I've started with the seats that were not very accurate compared to the technical documents I had.

005-800.jpg

I've added a few pieces here and there. Still some minor paintwork to do but I'm quiet happy with the results for now.

006-800.jpg

009-800.jpg

And I've also done that

007-800.jpg

008-800.jpg

cheers

Alex

Neo,

It's the Revell/Hasegawa reboxing of the Promodeler B-17G back in 2004. kit ref #HSGHM195

Alex

Holey ****, seriously!!!!! I've only heard of this kit, never actually seen one. Would you mind a pic or 2 of the box itself, and a pic of the sprues?

Your work looks really good so far, love how the seats turned out.

By the way, I'm jealous of all the books and aftermarket stuff you have.

Alex,

Superb work! Really love the seats. And excellent IP. I'm looking forward to using mine after seeing yours. It really does look superb. The detaisl you added to the back of your seats looks great, and it's no wasted effort either, as they'll be right up next to the side windows in the cockpit. A very nice touch indeed.

Cheers!

Mark.

Wow, you got an ungodly amount of reference material and after market goodies. This is going to be a fun build to watch

I couldn't agree more! Off to a superb start so far, that's for sure. That IP still has me stopping in and staring at it. Boy it looks sharp, as do those seats. A HUGE improvement over the kit seats.

• 1 month later...

First of all a big thank you about all your comments.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time lately to work on my B-17, but finally I managed to have some time for me and worked a bit on her... (yeah the B-17....)

Lot of work has been done sanding and adjusting the resin sets - I had a few difficulties but most of all the way all fits together with the old Monogram kit is quiet acceptable.

Opening the front door means detailing the area and that's what I'm focused on right now.

For sure Mark is a great inspiration and he's showing me what to do on his post. I know my details are not 100% accurate but I kinda like the result for now and that's a motivation to open the bomb bay... Now I'm still a bit scared to imagine that most of this work'll be invisible... But well, I'm really enjoying working on all these details so... :monkeydance:

023-800.jpg

022-800.jpg

024-800.jpg

More details'll be added later but that gives a general idea

026-800.jpg

025-800.jpg

027-800.jpg

Have a great week

Alex

Alex! Great work Sir!

I know from what I've found with the TD resin set, you'll have to scootch over those two motors more towards the center, and the O2 bottles don't fit to well. That said, your scratch building looks great! If you're going to do the bomb bay, I strongly suggest you do it before mounting the interior by making the "roof" of the bomb bay outside the kit, rather than how I attempted it. Should make things A LOT easier.

@Karl, looking at the Eduards PE panel I've got, that's what it looks like - but I could be wrong. Even if it is the Eduard panel, Alex did one heck of a job on it! Looks superb!!!

Looking good mate!

Cheers,

Mark.

wow, the resin bits really make these Forts pop!

Nice work on the stringers too!

Yes, but as mentioned... the cockpit is wrong. Things we didn't know until too late. The waist position isn't wide enough if you've got open waist gun positions. Their nose though is dang good.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Little work has been done on my B-17. Lots of adjustements to avoid any bad surprise when closing the fuselage. I'll try to work more on the "big" details before installing the throttles and yokes.

I'll try to focuse on the nose next week and add more pictures when the work is done.

033-800.jpg

032-800.jpg

031-800.jpg

034-800.jpg

030-800.jpg

028-800.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Regards

Alex

• 3 months later...