20110218354.jpg

And then mark the fuselage for the cut.

20110218355.jpg

20110218356.jpg

And add the bellyfueltank.

20110218357.jpg

And two strakes to the fuselage.

20110219362.jpg

Later today I hope I mount the camera inside the radome and then get the radome in place.

20110218359.jpg

More will follow..

/Bosse

Hi,

I'm just about done with the Tarmil.

20110219363.jpg

20110219365.jpg

I had to use some putty on the fueltank

It was no problem fitting the camera inside the radome.

20110219375.jpg

20110219376.jpg

20110219377.jpg

Just to make sure that I don't end up with a tail-sitter I've added some leadweights in the nose.

20110219378.jpg

Fitting the radome to the fuselage went like clockwork. I think this must be the best fitting resin I've ever used.

20110219379.jpg

20110219380.jpg

On to the next one.

/Bosse

And the next one is Moshel.

20110219366.jpg

20110219367.jpg

20110219368_redigerad.jpg

20110219369_redigerad.jpg

20110219370.jpg

20110219371.jpg

20110219372.jpg

A bit fewer parts than the Tarmil.

Unfortunally I've got two small holes in one of the noseparts.

But that's easy to fix.

More on this later......

/Bosse

:thumbsup:Noooiiiceee...!!! Mr Tashbetz, Moshel 'n' Tarmil's noses have finally arrived! :)

The roundels are kill marks.

#59 scored 13 air-to-air kills during its career.

Uh-huh... 'n' guess which country's Air Force has #59 had the enormous pleasure to serve in? :unsure:

MirageIIICJ159.jpg

Yep, that's right. Sold back to the Israelis at the commemorative price of just US$ 1. D'ya ever learn 'bout that, blokes?

Bosse, mate; the see-through thinness of the resin on that Moshel nose is a close call to replacement, me thinks...

Awesome work, chap! Glad to see yer build back into progress. :cheers:

Cheers,

Unc²

Thanks Uncle.

Actually I call them Sisters Shahak.

So that should be Ms Tarmil, Moshel & Tarmil.

Unfortunally I've hit a snag in my build.

The Tashbetz kit is missing most of the resin parts.

So that one will be on hold until I'll get the replacement parts.

But on the other hand AML has just released this beauty.

a48018.jpg

a48018a1.jpg

And it's now enroute from Hannats to my desk. :D

So perhaps I'll do the Tzniut instead of the Tashbetz for this GB.

If, and just if I'll get the replacement parts in time.

I might add a fourth Mirage to this build.

;)

/Bosse

Edited by Marlin

@uncle: tell to the FAA they should better pump up the tires!!!!

@ Marlin: Tzniut!??? Urghhh...I am sure the translation is "super-dick"!! :cheers::cheers:

Incredible how IAF craftsmen can make a french beauty turn into ugly!

@ Marlin: Tzniut!??? Urghhh...I am sure the translation is "super-dick"!! :cheers::cheers:

Well you do what you have to do to fit the camera from the U-2 in a Mirage.

They actually brought the concept on to the Kfir.

So there is a Kfir Tznuit as well.

I like it, but then I'm fond of odd looking planes.

/Bosse

Actually I call them Sisters Shahak.

So that should be Ms Tarmil, Moshel & Tarmil.

Oh? :pray: Awlright, awlright...!!! So then it's Ms Tarmil, Moshel, Tarmil, Tarmil, Tarmil, Tarmil, Tarmil & Tarmil once again... :pray:

But whut 'bout poor Ms Tashbetz...?

The Tashbetz kit is missing most of the resin parts.

So that one will be on hold until I'll get the replacement parts.

O'Reilly...??? Mate, I'd have asked for a replacement of that Moshel nose as well; it's just unacceptable as it is.

But on the other hand AML has just released this beauty.

a48018.jpg

And it's now enroute from Hannats to my desk.

Well done, Bosse! :salute: Bloke, I've honestly learnt 'bout more aftermarkets thru' ya than I learnt thru' my local hobby shop...

So perhaps I'll do the Tzniut instead of the Tashbetz for this GB.

If, and just if I'll get the replacement parts in time.

I might add a fourth Mirage to this build.

I'll keep my 20 fingers crossed, my mate. If only ya'd told 'em that the Moshel nose needed replacement as well... :salute: It ain't fair, Bosse. Perhaps ya might still be in time to tell 'em, huh?

Hi Tobi! :wave:

Aw, thank The Maker it's just a bloody tyre, y'know - I mean, with the number of accidented Mirages due to lack of proper maintenance the FAA has gone thru,' I'm sure it'd have been quite an international embarrassement if whut the Israelis received from us had only been the #59's flat tyre! yikes.gif

@ Marlin: Tzniut!??? Urghhh...I am sure the translation is "super-dick"!!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa... ya kiddin,' right? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Hmph... I concur with that statement on certain occasions such as those awful Pantera, Kfir C10 'n' Tsniut noses! Whut's with the Israelis' obsession for the big noses...? tongue2.gif

Cheers, fellas

Unc²

Aw, thank The Maker it's just a bloody tyre, y'know - I mean, with the number of accidented Mirages due to lack of proper maintenance the FAA has gone thru,' I'm sure it'd have been quite an international embarrassement if whut the Israelis received from us had only been the #59's flat tyre!

Cheers, fellas

Unc²

Hmm...yeah, sad but true! the pilots lifes were endangeroued by manjana-maintainence from undermotivated (or what ever) ground crews!

The longer I look at the pic...now I got to the conclusion the Israelis put on some True Details Resin Wheels on the FAA Mirage gear. I m quite sure, every time I look at TD wheels, they lack of air inside the tube too!

And you think Israelis have a fetish for noses!??? Like women have one for shoes (also know als the IMS)!!!!???

Following your builds for quite a while now I have to say I really like your choice of subject. Until this group build I didn't know that Israel operated such a broad variety of recce-Mirages. Definitly very interesting.

Keep the pics coming.

Markus

EUREKA!!!! :woo:

My camera noses has finally arrived !

20110218341.jpg

20110218342.jpg

20110218343.jpg

And so my builds can continue at last.

I'll get pictures of the content of each box with the next update.

:jaw-dropping:

/Bosse

I am watching your builds with GREAT interest! :thumbsup:

I have all three of those conversions, and until I saw your work, I never noticed that the tails were different on two of them. Now I have to locate two of those PJ Productions ATAR 9C Short Tail sets! :o

20101231062.jpg

And without any credit card or Paypal, that will be near to impossible. :banana:

I will have to try to trade for them.

Larry

Hi Gang,

I got my Tznuit nose today.

20110301386.jpg

20110301388.jpg

20110301389.jpg

20110301390.jpg

20110301391.jpg

20110301392.jpg

Since I've not received any replacement parts for the Tashbetz nose yet this will now be the third Mirage in my build.

Hopefully the replacement parts will get here in time for a fourth Mirage to be finished in time.

I'll start build this as soon as my possible.

:pray:

/Bosse

:whistle:AwLsome, Bosse, mate! :yahoo: Build resumes as of NOW, yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss...??? :lol:

Hmph... sumthin' feels like déjà vu all of the sudden... some men ya just can't reach... :jaw-dropping:

Aw, yeh...? It's the FAA's impression that we might have STILL handed #59 back to the Israelis in a helluva lot better shape than whut they handed it back to us in the first place, retrospectively, huh...?

59circa1979.jpg

Ouchie... some Israeli pilot musta flunked "Landin' 101" big time! Wouldn't ya say, Tobi? Scuttlebutt has it that technicians were quoted mumblin' "The Argies are gonna realise there was an awful accident with this one..." :rofl: Notice how they covered the unit badge on the tail for this picture in spite of the fact that the whole airframe was beyond crippled? That's 'cause the Israelis were damn positive the bird was gonna be airworthy once again.

Cheers, blokes

Unc²

Hi Gang,

It's friday evening again.

I've primed the underside of Ms Tarmil.

20110302403.jpg

It's not really primer, but Humbrol 140. It's still too cold in my neck of the woods to use spraycans outside.

But spring is coming.......

I've done the nosejob on Ms Moshel.

20110302404.jpg

20110302405.jpg

Off with the Eduard nose and on with the AML.

20110304407.jpg

20110304408.jpg

20110304409.jpg

The fit of the Moshel nose isn't the best so I'll have to do some sanding, filling and some more sanding... :D

I''ve still not received the replacement part for Ms Tashbetz, so tomorrow or later tonight I'll start on a fourth Mirage that will be turned into Ms Tznuit.

:tease:

/Bosse

Calm down Uncle, Calm down.

Mate, ya just haven't got the faintest idea whut ya're askin' of me; had I the opportunity to chose between crossin' over to Hugh Hefner's mansion or yer modellin' lair thru a teleportation portal, I'd take yer lair without a single doubt 'bout it. :wave: After all, sure yer lair is gonna be a million times more amusin' to me than to go starin' at the wrinkles in Hugh's face, right...? :rofl:Whut...? Hugh Hefner's mansion is the Playboy mansion...??? :cheers:Uh-oh...

Bloke, that AML Tarmil goodie fits the Eduard/HobbyBoss Mirages like a gluve; very neat. Wait a tick; is it the Eduard or the HobbyBoss kit Ms Tarmil's nose was grafted onto? Y'know there's a picture ya posted previously on this thread where the two brand kits were side to side, 'n' in all honesty, the HobbyBoss fuselage appeared to be a tad wider than the Eduard's. Could this be the reason why Ms Moshel's nose is gonna have to return to the office for a post-surgery check?

Oh, incidentally, Bosse, lad! Whut are ya doin' with so many Mirage IIIC nose leftovers? Care to sell me a pair of 'em, bud?

Gonna be lurkin' in the shadows, watchin' yer progress on Ms Tsniut, ya hear? Have a noice weekend, my mate! Regards to the kids 'n' the missus.

:huh:

Unc²

Hi again.

And Thanks Unc.

I really like your comments.

The wife hasn't slashed me yet with the Katana.

And I do still build my models.

The kids are also OK.

Your "doghouse" got about the same amount of snow this winter as last.

20110224383.jpg

For thoose of you that doesn't known.

This is my summer cottage.

The picture is from last weekend and I then had about 50-60 cm of snow on my lawn.

Hopefully spring will come soon.

So lets get back to Ms Tarmil of the HobbyBoss family.

She got her peticoat on. Well the first of them at least.

20110305410.jpg

20110305411.jpg

I've used five different shades of silver from Xracolor, and as usual it's brush painted.

To be continued..

:rolleyes:

/Bosse