How did you spend your New Years eve?

We have 2 daughters that are too young to drink......so we had a quiet time at home watching the ball drop in New York at 9pm our time.....then we watched the fireworks fired from the Space Needle....which is quite the sight. My wife and 2 daughters and myself toasted in the New Year stone cold sober...yet again. I enjoyed a big glass of egg nog at midnight......a quiet family evening.

49728640.DSC00098.jpg

At work. Since I work at a TV station, I was able to watch the ball drop (in fact it's my job.) I called home a couple minutes before midnight and Mandie and I shared the countdown by phone..just like last year. We did go out for dinner earlier in the evening though.

SN

Worked till 2200 then a billy no mates new year watching the TV and cracked open a bottle of port to wash some stilton down.

I just cant get worked up to go out new year now, with big crowds and high prices.

Julien

had a blast with my friends in a rock bar; our group even won a main prize there and was best at rock/metal karaoke...

but I had only a couple of beers because I had to be at work at 0645hrs... Now 8hrs at work and 2 more to go! But feeling great!

I am sorry a lot of folks had to work. Shared an awesome evening with my best friend, Don, and the most incredible Jose "Fuji" Ramos, who never fails to amaze folks with his pyro-tech abilities of lighting several fireworks at once! Of course, it got to where they were just throwing bottle rockets into the fire pit and running!

Then, we get to see the fireworks from Disney way up here on the hill.....

-Jim

Spent an hour and a half in line waiting to pick up a take out Chinese food order from a popular local restaurant (yes we did pre order, but I think they may have overbooked), then off to my sister's place for the eating of said Chinese take out. Had my share of egg nog/Capt Morgans last night as well. Still far better than last year when I spent the night lying on my back in the cardiac critical care ward of the Moncton Hospital.

Had a Pizza and watched "The Other Guys" with my wife. Funny enough to watch, especially certain comments made about the Toyota Prius.

After that, I went upstairs to the "FROG" (Family Room Over Garage) ...and decaled my latest S-3 while watching The Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy.

Quiet night at home. Our daughter went to bed at 7:30pm (half hour later than normal). I poured myself a glass of Cabarnet, and went down to the hobby bench. Put a wash on the cockpit and landing gear bay of the 1/48 He162 I'm working on, and assembled the engine nacelle.

Came back upstairs and watched 2 episodes of Top Gear on DVD (Christmas gift), then watched TV, all the while enjoying more of the Cabarnet. For the first time in 5 years, my wife and I were actually awake at midnight.

At the last minute, we decided to head out. Met up with some friends at a nice British-style pub in Plymouth, MA and toasted in the new year drinking Mayflower Brewing Co. Oatmeal Stout. For the first time I can remember, no one around me was overly intoxicated, lots of talk about keeping it tame, driving safely, etc. It was a nice night. Came home, ate some leftover Chinese food and called it a night (and a year).

John

Lets see. Primed a 1/24 dragster body, practiced pinstriping for a couple hours, played a video game for a couple hours, and then laid in bed for 10 minutes before midnight. Kissed the wife at midnight and then we both went to bed. A pretty exciting day, haha.

Had a drink of champagne with my wife, daughter and her "almost live in" boyfriend.

Then went outside and looked at the fireworks.... and whished neighbors anmd the like a happy new year.

Went to bed at 1.30 or so....

Was fun, loads of very impressive fireworks...

Harald, wishing all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011

I was up most of the night anyway with lower back & hip pain, so I spent the time at the model bench. I finished up the Trump 1/32 F-105D with the last little bit of odds and ends that always need doing. SWMBO was at work and it didn't even really register with me that it was midnight, New Years eve. So much for the "party animal".

Darwin

Building at John's (KStater94) house, firing off a few left over fireworks with the kids and a (very) small glass of champagne to toast the New Year.

My final build for 2010 was to finish a 1/35 Tamiya M5A1 Stuart. :)

Jeff