DSC02482.jpg 

There are 4 aircrafts to do:

DSC02477.jpg

Wheels.

DSC02483.jpg 

I'm working on the landing parts.

DSC02512.jpg 

DSC02516.jpg 

Please if you have pics of one of these aircrafts showed on the box it would ne very helpfull !

Cheers Pierre.

Edited by PIERRE CHRISTIAN BAUDRU

If you plan on building the Mali AF MiG-17, The serial numbers on that decal sheet are wrong, it should be TZ-368. I had an image somewhere of a derelict Mali MiG-17 in the blue camouflage where a roundel on the upper wing could be seen. I'll see if I can find it...

Anyway, that's some good work on the gear, look forward to seeing more.

The Cuban machine depicted is one which was flown to Florida by a defector in 1969. There are photos floating around, here for example: http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/EqMiG17.html

Indeed, FAR 232 is the one that flew to Miami in 1969. Unfortunately, this means that the markings are not correct for this version, as 232 was an interesting and rare MiG-17 AS, without afterburner, but with the provison to carry air to air missiles under the wings. This means that it would be necessary to convert the rear fuselage...

The camouflage scheme of Polish AF 1023 unfortunately shows the wrong colors, this aircraft having a camo in green tones, as well as a shell recovery device under the fuselage.

Angolan AF C-24 has again a wrong camo pattern, the colors being in fact sand and choclate brown. The codes should also be more rounded...

Here more details concerning the last two mentionned:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ISL/...17F/HD48005.htm

the sheet is also available in 1/72 as 72035

Greetings

Diego/HDL

Re: Angolan C-24, according to photos I've seen, the HDL sheet is not correct either. "C-24" is in a slightly different font, and the tail fin is striped in Angolan red/ yellow/ black, with roundels on wings (not sure how many, could well be one on port upper, one on starboard underside as per other Angolan MiGs).

Someday soon there might well be a new decal supplier around with more accurate products for Angolan model aircraft... :taunt::angry::whistle:

If you want better decal accuracy on this model, stick to the Cuban or Polish version. Methinks Cuban more interesting :coolio:

Hi Diego

Thanks a lot for your message !

I have the hi decal line decals for Mig-17 and i think they are great !

I've got some pics on airliners.net of the AF 1023 so I will follow colors from them.

Btw, do you have any other pic of this AF 1023 during his operational service period on Polish AF ?

Cheers Pierre

Hi Diego

Thanks a lot for your message !

I have the hi decal line decals for Mig-17 and i think they are great !

I've got some pics on airliners.net of the AF 1023 so I will follow colors from them.

Btw, do you have any other pic of this AF 1023 during his operational service period on Polish AF ?

Cheers Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Unfortunately not, but I checked 1023 and the respective documents "live" on Cracow's Aviation Museum many years ago as the colors were not faded. Also, I have the original paint chips for this scheme, so I had the possiblilty to recreate the camo colors and markings, as well as the shell container, etc. pretty exactly(IMHO)...

As far as the FAPA MiG-17F is concerned, recently surfaced informations confirm that Angolan MiG-17Fs had their rudders stripped in black/yellow/red. The flag markings were introduced later. I will add a small correction notice to the instruction sheets...

Bien cordialement

Diego

What a treat! I always love watching your builds, Pierre. You've done excellent work so far and I'll be following your build.

If I may ask, option #2, the Cuban plane. What is the primary color that they recommend?

Also, option # 3, what nationality is that? Is it Romanian?

Thanks,

Patrick

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...