The weathering is a mixture of black, grey, and white tempura paint with a couple drops of water. I do 2-3 applications since the 1st one normally comes almost completely off. In between applications I let it dry for about 3 days, if you try to remove to soon, it pulls off completely. I know there are other washes that take less time, but I haven't mastered them yet. I like the tempura paint due to the fact that if I make a mistake, I just wash it down and start over with no further damage.

Correct, left wing is done, right wing still has to be cleaned off. One thing I do when cleaning is NOT to swap out the Q-tips, but continue on with a dirty one to get a more weathered look. One problem I am having is getting the weathering to stick near the cockpit and fuselage on the top and bottom. Will try another coat this weekend before sealing it and moving on to decals.

Funny thing with the worn paint spots, when removing the masks, it pulled up a lot of the paint. Being lazy I decided to just dab some steel paint in the spots.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...