ANF Les Mureaux 117 (Heller 1/72)

re-Hi everybody,

This is the kit I'll do for the Recce group-build : the Heller ANF Les Mureaux 117.

GB_recce_anf117_01.jpg

GB_recce_anf117_02.jpg

GB_recce_anf117_03.jpg

GB_recce_anf117_04.jpg

It's an old kit, designed in the 1960s. With raised panel lines and a very limited level of detailing, an interesting terrain for scratchbuilding.

Clear parts are a bit thick but transparent. If needed, I also have the appropriate Falcon canopies set.

In this recent release (1990s), 2 markings options are provided :

- a Les Mureaux 117R2 belonging to the GAO n°515, France, 1938, green livery with bare-metal nose,

- a Les Mureaux 117R2B2 used as liaison and training aircraft in the Summer of 1940, wearing a green/brown/blue-grey/light grey camo.

About the aircraft. The ANF Les Mureaux 110 family is a serie of aircrafts designed in the 1930s for different tasks (reconnaissance (mainly), ground attack and night fighter). The aircraft was still in service in 1939-40 in the Groupes Aériens d'Observation (Air Observation Groups) and were completely phased-out and scrapped in 1941.

Before starting the building, I'll study the documentation I collected about it.

That should be an interesting build, especially given the rarity of the aircraft. I had never heard of it before you said it would be your GB entry. I looked it up on the net and learned some about it.

Darwin

That's an odd looking plane.

But then again I know just about nothing about pre-WWII french planes.

This is going to be fun to follow.

Good Luck with your build.

/Bosse

• 2 weeks later...
re-Hi everybody,

This is the kit I'll do for the Recce group-build : the Heller ANF Les Mureaux 117.

Unique choice for the GB... Can't wait to see this one come along.

Edited by Julien (UK)
removing images
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
re-Hi everybody,

Interesting choice. I have one of those in my stash. Do you have any info on the camera fit, or were they strictly visual reconnaissance?

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by Julien (UK)
images
Interesting choice. I have one of those in my stash. Do you have any info on the camera fit, or were they strictly visual reconnaissance?

Cheers,

Larry

The aircraft could receive a camera equipment. It was installed inside the fuselage with little doors on the belly opened by the observer.

Do you need photos or technical draws for your kit ?

My kit is still in stand by due to my accident. I hope to resume the building after the 15 of this month.

The aircraft could receive a camera equipment. It was installed inside the fuselage with little doors on the belly opened by the observer.

My kit is still in stand by due to my accident. I hope to resume the building after the 15 of this month.

Yes, any info you could send me would be great. On my recce aircraft, sometimes I like to scratch build the camera(s) inside the plane, but at the least, I want to show the camera window(s) or port(s). you can send any info to lengesath@cox.net.

Thanks,

Larry

Yes, any info you could send me would be great. On my recce aircraft, sometimes I like to scratch build the camera(s) inside the plane, but at the least, I want to show the camera window(s) or port(s). you can send any info to lengesath@cox.net.

Thanks,

Larry

OK.

You'll have to be a bit patient, because with a leg in a cast, my freedom of movement and action is restricted and my documentation is not at hand.

• 2 months later...

Jan-Pawel,

I to am interested in more details about this craft and would very much appreciate your sharing them.

Have you gotten back to working on it?

Thanks,

Madoc

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested in some documentation about this aircraft, I scanned an article published in a french magazine called "Réplic". Because there are some interesting informations in it and because I'm not sure that everybody read french, I'm working on a little translation (So, patience, when it's ready, I send).

More delicate in the article published in "Le Fanatique de l'Aviation" (5 parts + an article about the Heller kit).

I hope the bad leg heals quickly and you can get back to the modeling bench.

Darwin

Thank you very much. ^_^ For the leg, it's almost ok. Next tuesday, I go back to hospital for a control.

Any news on how you are doing?

Julien

Well, well, well... Before my accident, I started by figuring the structure. But I also quickly understood that I must study more the documentation (particularities of each variants). Recently, I finally decided to extend the structure, because it's a Mureaux 117, there is a opening behind observer's cockpit for a machine gun. I'm not talking about the upper turret, but about a foot operated machine gun. So, it would be a shame to neglect a part which will be visible from that opening.

I also started the floor, the pilot's seat and a wall behind it.

GB_recce_anf117_06.jpg

The square box with a cylinder, it's a camera (the observer could have 2 cameras : a big one between the 2 crew members, and a smaller one).

GB_recce_anf117_07.jpg

GB_recce_anf117_08.jpg

This kit promises to be a headache. Will it be finished in time ? :wacko: :lol:

Edited by Jan-Pawel
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Infortunately, I didn't manage to finish the kit in time, 'cause that bloody accident disorganized me. But there is a chance that the kit doesn't end up in long term break : the pre/early-war GB ! :lol: