Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Back when I was having troubles with my Me410 canopy, I went hat in hand to beg to buy a vac canopy from the only folks who made them, MPM Models. I didn't want to buy the whole interior set, just the precious canopy. I somewhat desperately offered to make my next build one of their kits. Not only did they give me a couple of canopies, they graciously offered me any kit in their catalog. Wow! The choice was not easy- they make a ton of cool stuff- but the Planet Models Ju 388 had long been tempting me- it was fate! A Bomber Command group build at Modelers Alliance is a happy coincidence- and means I've got one year to make the best of it!

Well, MPM- a promise made is a promise kept- here's my take on your marvelous kit- with Fritzi, Hannah and friends along for the ride!

388_001.jpg

388_002.jpg

388_003.jpg

388_004.jpg

388_005.jpg

388_006.jpg

388_007.jpg

388_008.jpg

388_009.jpg

388_010.jpg

Edited by chukw

Hi Chuck,

Going by all the other builds you have done, this one is going into the favourite’s toolbar so I can follow it.

Every time I see one of your builds I learn something new.

The weathering technique on the Me410 A-1 is something I’m going to try if I ever get to finish a kit.

Good luck with this one and may you teach us mere modellers something new we can use on the next build.

James

Thanks, everybody! I'm really excited to be building this one. I'll probably paint it like the whiffer scheme in the opening cartoon, but who knows? :thumbsup:

The Kubel dio will be worked on alongside the 388- so I'll be posting on both builds. A kit review or two is in the works as well-whew! I'll keep ya up to speed.

Wow, Seiran- you're a lucky guy to have survived such a violent confrontation with that wunderwaffe! I wish I could poke around in that bird- got any pics?

Thanks for the link Aleksandar- good stuff! I'm gonna share with a friend who's building this in 1/72.

Again- thanks, buds! You guys are great-

cheers!

chuk

• 2 weeks later...