Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Aha ! Found you again ... my h/drive went down so I lost all my bookmarks.

Glad to see your customary highly skilled self is still as highly skilled :D I love the way you improvise and I have to keep reminding my self that this is in 1/48th scale, not 1/32nd therefore there's even less space to work on.

As always, I'm dying for more.

Obant (Grant)

PS: Delighted to hear your laser surgery went well - it must be a wonderful feeling if, as you say, you've struggled with your eyes for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys- sorry to be so long in replying!

Titan- Thanks! I checked and there are no markings on my beading tool set- it's a mystery! I got it at Military Hobbies in Orange, California.

Thanks, John- your Helldiver is coming along brilliantly, I must say!

Thanks, Giro- and cheers!

No worries, Tomcat- I'd never seen these before at all. Maxitrone came through with the goods- he's a real font of Luftwaffe information.

Cheers, Grant! As Bill Cosby famously said, "Stick around and you just might learn something!" That definitely applies to me, too. :monkeydance:

Here's a bonus pic of that prop jig- I left it out in the heat of getting this post out before Sunday dinner:

388_256.jpg

Edited by chukw

Thanks, Mike!

Tommie, about fifteen minutes, including time it took to chuck my Dremel into its drill press stand. The guides are straight from the scrap bin, as are the balsa reinforcement blocks. Lay the thing on its side and you can drill the spinner to accept the blades. Pitch was guessed by eye, and the pitch weight angle, too. Who's gonna say I'm wrong? ;D

• 1 month later...

Geez Chuk, for someone so busy, you've not only made fantastic progress on the 388 but still post some of the best build updates on the web!! :coolio:

The canopy looks amazing and with the size of the opening, all that beautiful cockpit detail will be easily seen. Thanks for putting as much effort into your updates as you do the models, it's very much appreciated!! :cheers:

Thanks, guys- you are all way too kind! I hope to get that glazing glued on this very weekend, and maybe even get it masked. A friend is helping me with a beautiful '46 scheme- I think you're going to like it!

Cheers!

chuk

• 3 weeks later...

This post marks a real milestone. Not only is that canopy on at last, but the lead illustration of Hannah was painted at cruising altitude on a cross-country flight! Read on, brave modeler!

388_269.jpg

388_270.jpg

388_271.jpg

388_272.jpg

388_273.jpg

388_274.jpg

388_275.jpg