Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

• 2 weeks later...

that is up to your usual standard Chuk.. love the doors - such simple pieces to look at (and usually something I ignore) but your work shows just how goo dthey can be... time to research Prowler doors me thinks.....

Very impressive thread - I'm learning new tricks, seeing a great build and being entertained, all at the same time.

Where did you score that Vac-U-Form? Those things are very hard to come by from what I understand.

Keep up the good work,

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everybody!

B2_Guy, the AJ Press Ju188/Ju388 Vol @ has great drawings- cheers!

A brief but significant update today. With Pfennig and Hauptmann Hannah on special assignment, Fritzi will debrief us on recent events.

388_165.jpg

388_166.jpg

388_167.jpg

388_168.jpg

388_169.jpg

388_170.jpg

388_171.jpg

388_172.jpg

388_173.jpg

388_174.jpg

Thanks, Obant!

Jester, I'll lay down masking tape around the wing filets- the curvy parts that are standing out too much. Then I'll use round files to rough 'em down, and various round sanding tools to polish the join. I'll put a little smear of putty along the join to fill the very minor gaps and rescribe a line. I'll take pics!

Looking great Chuck!

Thanks for the advice on the AJ Press book. I don't have that one in my reference collection.... yet... I've been doing some hunting around to see if I can find it, they've become a little scarce it seems. Do the three views also have the rivit details or did you make an educated guess based on the internal structure?