Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Thank, guys! I much appreciate the feedback and kind words. It was also so good to get back to the bench- in one month I had 1. travel, 2. work the weekend. 3. throw a big party, 4. dead computer- all mixed up with various levels of being sick, with the best being the stomach flu my wife and I picked up in Las Vegas- ugh! The computer has been repaired and upgraded and -almost- dialed back in the way I need it to work, but all in all we're on the up and up. My wife is teaching a class in making sauces at home tomorrow, so I'm helping get reday for that, but then I get to hide in my lair while the ladies get to cookin'. ;) I'll crawl out when it's tastin' time. Whoo-hoo!

I've got to build up a Lofte bomb sight and mount, and modify the belly window for it: it's the only external difference between the recon and bomber variants. If anybody has any ju88/188 info, I'll be glad to see it.

Hey Mike- if you want to see what I do for living check out my blog, http://www.chukw.com and my job at blur studio. You may be familiar with some of our work.

Cheers!

chuk

Chuck your are my inspiration fountain. thanks for sharing your wisdom and skills. You must edit and print this article, I enjoy every single page and updates and learn with your work.

You my friend must edit some books or ebooks.

Enrique

Thanks, fellas! Skinny Mike, the kit engine faces and fans are just fine, so I'm going to use them.

Mini-Update time! For some reason this was all I got done this weekend, but It's one more step in this long, long journey. Fritzi's still got plenty of pep- take it away, Fraulein!

388_231.jpg

388_232.jpg

388_233.jpg

388_234.jpg

388_235.jpg

388_236.jpg

What incredible work. Great job with the bombsite.

The only (extremely) small nit pick would be the pilot's bucket seat. The thickness of the bucket itself appears a bit much. It would scale out in real life to 2" thick armor plate instead of sheet metal. It's probably too late now but if not, you might want to thin down the side walls a bit.

Regards,

John

Thanks, Roberto!

You, too, John- cheers! As for those seats, I don't think it would be worth it to pry them both out, thin and repaint. A PE replacement would be ideal, but I can live with what I gots- perfection remains an elusive goal! ;D

Tomcat, I guess my work here is done then, eh? :D

If anyone's going to ValleyCon in Pasadena this Sunday, I'll see you there!

chuk

• 4 weeks later...

I´m fascinated by how each moment in this build becomes a model in it´s own right... This isn´t A model it´s a whole collection of small delicate models that fit together! It´s so Zen :worship:

Thanks, guys! The props are a welcome break from fussing with that window. I'm looking for some info, and hope our FW190 experts can help. These props had a kind of bolt-on counterweight- take a look at the pic below. Apparently some late-model FW190A's used something similar- anyone have any sharp pics or drawings? I've just gotta add 'em- you know me! ;)

Ju388-4010-24af+s.jpg

I have found a pic with the help of some friends- and I just happened to pick up a copy of this nifty mag a week ago. Now- make a master and cast copies of the modified blade or set up an assembly line? We'll see....

30382.jpg

Chuck, your build is looking great as usual. watching you almost makes me want to give up modeling after watching your builds, lol, just kidding. Keep up the GREAT builds. Did you ever think about doing a step by step video on your builds. Rob

Hey, Skinny Mike- thanks! I've given Wendy an extended furlough to concentrate on the 388- but don't worry, she'll be back! Once I get the canopy on I may well concentrate on that dio for a bit.

Rob, I do appreciate the sentiment- cheers!

My big news for this week- I got lasik surgery Friday and everything went really, really well. I've been essentially blind most of my life, and to wake up and see is one of the most moving experiences I've ever enjoyed. My vision is in a flux a bit as my peepers heal, but I gave 'em a test run at the bench and everything is go. More to come!

chuk

Glad to hear that your eye operation went well and that you're having such fun with your recovered sight! I imagine it must be exhilarating!

Hearing that a modeler like you was "essentially blind" is quite amazing! Hat's off, really! You're not hiding from us that you're one-armed also, are you? Or perhaps you are and it is really Pfennig doing all the work? :rofl:

Looking forward to your next installment in the Ju 388 saga!

Cheers!

Hey Chuck - from a master of inexperience and impatience I can only say - unreal! I have been out of the hobby raising kids for 12 years and my free time is starting to re-appear in small bits - and this is what I came back to. So to see such precision and detail (and patient application of an art)is simply blowing me away.

Thank you Sir!