Well said Sean, that is spot on!

Like other's, I never knew Matt personally, but I always liked his posts, and he seemed like a real decent guy.

My sincerest condolences to Matt's family.

Jeff.

I think we all feel the same way...I just remember how he joked that he was the cousin of Darren Roberts when I was still a "Snap Together". He seemed like a fun guy and was one of the members who made me feel most at home here when I first started. I'll be praying for his family. RIP, Matt.

Semper fi,

Jason

:)

Well said Sean, that is spot on!

Like other's, I never knew Matt personally, but I always liked his posts, and he seemed like a real decent guy.

My sincerest condolences to Matt's family.

Jeff.

I think we all feel the same way...I just remember how he joked that he was the cousin of Darren Roberts when I was still a "Snap Together". He seemed like a fun guy and was one of the members who made me feel most at home here when I first started. I'll be praying for his family. RIP, Matt.

Semper fi,

Jason

:)

I still find Matt's passing difficult to take in...it was only just before Christmas we had a chat via PM abouts the pros/cons of the HobbyBoss and 'reworked' Academy F-111 kits. Last night i sat at my work bench looking at the various sub assembies i have built from both Vark kits...and found myself getting quite emotional for someone i've never met... But thats the effect good guys like Matt have on us all. He was the kind of guy who would only see the good in anybody and any kit.... His passing is truely a lost to the modelling community world wide. My F-111 will get finished and will remind me of him.

Maybe at some point we could hold a Matt Roberts Memorial GB to remember what he brought to ARC.

Gary

I still find Matt's passing difficult to take in...it was only just before Christmas we had a chat via PM abouts the pros/cons of the HobbyBoss and 'reworked' Academy F-111 kits. Last night i sat at my work bench looking at the various sub assembies i have built from both Vark kits...and found myself getting quite emotional for someone i've never met... But thats the effect good guys like Matt have on us all. He was the kind of guy who would only see the good in anybody and any kit.... His passing is truely a lost to the modelling community world wide. My F-111 will get finished and will remind me of him.

Maybe at some point we could hold a Matt Roberts Memorial GB to remember what he brought to ARC.

Gary

Damn outstanding idea Gary. If we can find somewhere that we can donate our builds I will certainly jump aboard. Maybe an aircraft museum- somewhere in the Ohio area?

I have never met Matt other than on this board as well as some of the discussion groups and this still makes me sad. Every time I saw Matt respond to a post or start a post, I made sure to read what he said. I can't say that about everybody. I believe that shows what kind of man he was.

As they say life is short and we should make the most of it. Matt was younger than I am and that brings it home even stronger.

Condolences to Matt's family. He will be greatly missed.

Chris

Semper fi,

Jason

;)

Skii (John on BM) posted this earlier;

Dear all

If you feel you would like to make a small contribution to Matt's family, his paypal address is as follows

steph and matt roberts A t hotmail dot com

Many thanks to Scott Brown from Afterburner decals for this information.

Still hard to believe he's gone,I was only chatting to him a couple weeks ago on Facebook.Makes you think,he was only 2 years older than me.

RIP Matt.

Although I never met or conversed with Matt to any great extent, I do know he was one of the shining lights in the modelling community. I always read his threads with anticipation around his insider knowledge and modelling skills to boot.

A VERY sad loss and so young! my thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends at this difficult time.

R.I.P

Gary

I know what you mean. Both Matt and I have "Ali" Cats (Iranian Tomcats) in some state of partially finished. I know I will get back to working on mine eventually, but I know it won't be quite the same as I will be thinking about Matt, even if for but a moment as I work on the model.

So sad news...i still can't believe this....i know him here at ARC and was always a excellent person, always available to share and help, Matt rest in peace....

I wonder if its possible to make some kind of memorial here in ARC for Matt...

Rodrigo from Chile

Edited by Wolf_el_Real

Gary

Damn outstanding idea Gary. If we can find somewhere that we can donate our builds I will certainly jump aboard. Maybe an aircraft museum- somewhere in the Ohio area?

Is been suggested over at Z5 that a multi forum Memorial GB be held in Matt`s memory. Dave Roof was in fact the one to bring this up over there. This may be a great way to rekindle old friendships and repair broken ones too. Maybe its time we all bury the hatchet. There has been talk of this over at Brit Modeler as well from what I have been told. The main subject of the GB would be the Kinetic F-16 kits, its also been suggested that othwer kits that Matt has looked at and given his approval on be included as well, like the HB F-111 and Tornados, AcademyéHasegawa F-22s ,etc. I like the second option and I would definitely participate.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Oh, how He loves us so. Oh, how He loves us, how He loves us so.

Matt Roberts,

Until now you had very little idea just how many lives you've touched. Your family is being lifted by the power of prayer. We all mourn, and may your family be blessed.

Aaron