MiG-23 Pylon set question

Hi Chris,

I received my pylon set today, they look really great. I'm going to test-fit them right now, my MiG is going to the paintshop soon.

I have a question regarding the fuselage BD3-60s : what options do I need to install if I want to add the twin R-60 launcher later?

Looking at ref pictures I'd say it's front and rear wings but I wanted to be sure before making a mistake.

TIA

Well if the Hungarians are typical then it should be wings in the front, bracket on the rear.

This pic from the Hunavia website is one of the clearest, most detailed pics I've found.

I've found this arrangement on 3, possibly 6 different Hungaruian MiG-23MFs.

For those not knowing what this conversation is about, I include a tree full of optional hardware parts each of the BD3 pylons (for the MiG-21 as well).

BD3-60_brackets.jpg

These different brackets and wings are often mounted with different weapons or launch rail configurations.

A pylon that is empty of weapons or launch rails will often still have some of these brackets in place.

;)

Well if the Hungarians are typical then it should be wings in the front, bracket on the rear.

I don't know how 'typical' it is but it's perfect for me as I'm doing Hungarian MF 04 :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up on the pic, it's the best I've seen so far of the APU-60-2, somehow I had missed it on Hunavia.

I test-fitted the APU-23s, fit is very tight, perfect. I'm really impressed by the fine engraving/riveting, which doesn't show up very well on photos until you have the set in the hands.

Looking forward to the Aphid launchers. Oh and feel free to make a corrected canopy as well :cheers: